Uniden SDS100 & SDS200 Color Schemes

D

DaveNF2G

Is there some documentation for the display parameters and how they are expected to operate? I can guess some, but the manual only mentions that they exist.

radio3353

Keeping it old school here. All cells have a cyan background and black text, except for "fun" button which is reverse of that.

View attachment 68873

Perfect. Some of the garishly colorful and busy schemes show in this thread are downright painful to my eyes :). Yours is very easy to look at. Although, I would still eliminate some of that data that I do not find pertinent for everyday listening (as opposed to learning about new systems.) Nice job.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Gotta ask what is the "fun" button?
If you go into your color display settings it's the function button, top left corner. Text and background must be swapped as compared to every other cell...so black background and cyan text for just that one button.

N9JIG

Sheriff
IMG_2821.jpeg

Our favorite camper developed and shared this color scheme before he went on his trip. I like the scheme as it color coordinates the System/Department/Channel with their traffic lines. It is easy to read in the daylight or artificial lighting.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
View attachment 68895

Our favorite camper developed and shared this color scheme before he went on his trip. I like the scheme as it color coordinates the System/Department/Channel with their traffic lines. It is easy to read in the daylight or artificial lighting.

Mid-west camping trip in February? That's hard core! Hope it's a big RV with a good heating system.

mancow

Database Admin
Here is my profile in a zip file. Someone had asked for it but I can't find their post now.

You could just cut and paste the display portions into to a config and not have to worry about it changing the rest.

Attachments

• profile.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 112

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone found a good color scheme for mobile? I have mine with black background with the dimmer set to 100% and it is sometimes hard to see due to the screen reflecting light from the console.

I may have to set each line differently until I find a color combination that should work well.

Hit_Factor

Fire/EMS can't be blue. Blue is for cops. ;)

I run white text on black background. It's one of the preconfigured options. Simplified screen. I don't need to know what the signal strength or error count is while I'm driving.

73, K8HIT
Icom: IC-7300 IC-PW1 ID-5100A ID-51A Plus 2 IC-R30 Hytera PD782G Kenwood TH-D74 Uniden SDS100 DVMega SDRplay RSPduo

Murenovich

Not the Flatlands, Not the Mountains in NJ
I am so happy there is finally a thread for this! One could say I have an obsession with the colors on my SDS-100 and i am constantly changing the color schemes and testing new ones out. Attached are just a few of the ones I use including my current one. The green one retro looking one was inspired by another one I saw on a 200 somewhere else here on RR. I have all my configs saved as xml files if anyone is interested you can PM me. I'll post more as I create them.

pastel-1.png
Golden-Colors.png
RWB.png
super-green.pngy-b-g.png