Update - 6/30

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianG61UK

So, the question is: is the latest update for the 1080 working okay or not? I've been hearing various horror stores about removing the batteries in order to get the June 30 update to load.
Can anyone confirm this before I lock-up my radio?
Wendy Whistler- is the June 30 update okay, or do we wait for a slight revision? Thanks.
It updated perfectly and seems to work perfectly on my "real" WS1088.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Machria

Premium Subscriber
No, I don't think so. They refuse to release the protocols to anyone to make it possible to create third party solutions. Butel have tried.

/Ubbe

The protocol is public, and has been for a long time. ??

Edit: I see Brian posted it.... ;)

From everything I've seen since the first remote demo release, the Whistler provided remote control app is simply a DEMO of what is possible. I suspect from this point that they are trying to encourage others (commercially or scanner users) to develop (and sell or otherwise offer) their solution to others.

There's nothing wrong with asking for features but I wouldn't expect Whistler to extend the app given their posted position on this (it's a demo).

And don't dare ask the Proscan guy if he will do it, he almost took my head off for unknowingly asking that question. Silly me! :wink:

TAbirdman

No, I don't think so. They refuse to release the protocols to anyone to make it possible to create third party solutions. Butel have tried.

/Ubbe
That's true for the radios but the remote is wide open for someone to create something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

teknishun

So, the question is: is the latest update for the 1080 working okay or not? I've been hearing various horror stores about removing the batteries in order to get the June 30 update to load.
Can anyone confirm this before I lock-up my radio?
Wendy Whistler- is the June 30 update okay, or do we wait for a slight revision? Thanks.

I can only speak from my own personal experience using the latest and greatest EZ Scan software from Whistler. I have two PSR-800 that Whistler converted to WS-1080. Prior to this 4.8 cpu upgrade all updates have worked fine since I got the scanners back from Whistler. The cpu v4.8 seems to "time out" between the pc and the scanner response. I even got an error msg on the scanner display that says "Error -- Turn Off."

Remove the usb cable from the scanner and remove the scanner batteries. Leave them out! Wait several seconds and then re-connect the usb cable to the scanner and the pc. Make sure the scanner is powered OFF. Let the pc recognize the scanner as an external hard drive as per usual.

Using the current version of Whistler EZ Scan go to Updates and then Check for CPU firmware. Run the cpu update again and it will most likely work now. I had to do this with both scanners to get the 4.8 upgrade to take properly.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
For those having a problem with the 4.8 update installing and/or timing out , assign the scanner a comport, don't let ezscan do it automatically. google is your friend if you don't know how to to do this in windows.

mejnetguru

My .02:

Updating my scanners using the same system I've used many times before. All scanners except the former GRE 800 updating without issue. The former GRE took three tries for the update to take.

In all cases, the update did seem much slower than in the past.

grahampaull

Logging ?

Wow love the logging feature on the updated Control Demo. Just a quick note, when the program logs a NAC tone, it logs it in the decimal mode on the control program screen, BUT, when you open up the CSV file created, it IS in hex form, which is great.
Bob

Hi, can you clarify what this 'logging' feature is you're talking about ?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Hi, can you clarify what this 'logging' feature is you're talking about ?

Go to whistlers website, select the "control DEMO" and download it, then install it, it is a new version and it allows logging of all frequencies received. That is it makes a list.

KK2DOG

Premium Subscriber
I receive my updated 668 from Whistler on July 3, 2017. I downloaded the WS-1080 software, checked for updates then installed it to my scanner and everything seems to be working fine.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
After updating my TRX-2 it will not let me copy anything to the SD card - either via USB connection or by having the SD card in the computer. It gives a few errors and then says it can't update due to "too many errors". Worked fine before the update so apparently something broke within the software when updated to the latest PC app, firmware, and DSP (they all succeeded).

wnjl

Is anyone else having a problem getting their TRX-1 to be *recognized* by their PC after performing the latest CPU update? I ran the update Tuesday without issue. Tonight, I've tried plugging in the scanner with 3 different Win 10 PCs with two different USB cables, and it does not even show in device manager. The scanner itself charges fine when the cable is engaged and the scanner is turned off. I've noticed no other erratic behavior with the scanner nor SD card.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone else having a problem getting their TRX-1 to be *recognized* by their PC after performing the latest CPU update? I ran the update Tuesday without issue. Tonight, I've tried plugging in the scanner with 3 different Win 10 PCs with two different USB cables, and it does not even show in device manager. The scanner itself charges fine when the cable is engaged and the scanner is turned off. I've noticed no other erratic behavior with the scanner nor SD card.

Uninstall the driver and reinstall using the "allow unsigned drivers" procedure for windows 10,

Windows 10 security features disable the unsigned drivers when it updates .

Phil

Premium Subscriber
Finally updated

I usually do not have problems updating or using scanners but this time, doing the update via EZscan, it hung, stated lit, would not turn off with removing batteries or trying to power off and each time I reinserted batteries or usb power, still would not update or do anything except wait for usb message. Finally read this, reloaded whistler driver as unsigned in Windows 10, downloaded the update from the Whistlergroup website software and then everything worked again and it managed to correct whatever corruption occured via EZscan and incorrect drivers. Thanks for this group message and Whistler and now even EZscan working with my radio. Hope this helps someone else skip past pulling hair out.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I usually do not have problems updating or using scanners but this time, doing the update via EZscan, it hung, stated lit, would not turn off with removing batteries or trying to power off and each time I reinserted batteries or usb power, still would not update or do anything except wait for usb message. Finally read this, reloaded whistler driver as unsigned in Windows 10, downloaded the update from the Whistlergroup website software and then everything worked again and it managed to correct whatever corruption occured via EZscan and incorrect drivers. Thanks for this group message and Whistler and now even EZscan working with my radio. Hope this helps someone else skip past pulling hair out.

This has been stated before. The reason this happens is the security in WIndows 10. When win 10 updates it disables any unsigned drivers for your computers safety.

bctrainers

Morning, latest version of CDAT is installed, and am getting this error on two different machines (from two different networks). Seems like a SSL cert has expired somewhere.

WS1095_2017-08-08_02-47-25.png

TrackChatter

Morning, latest version of CDAT is installed, and am getting this error on two different machines (from two different networks). Seems like a SSL cert has expired somewhere.

View attachment 60507

I had that same thing go on a couple days ago. I reinstalled the drivers (mine is a WS1040) and it seems to be fine. If your pc can't see the scanner check which COM port you're connected to. Mine was on COM4 and I'm on Windows7.

Status
Not open for further replies.