Pro-668: Upgrade options explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycleSycho

Pre Update Pro668

:confused: OK, after I restored the radio to a PRO668, my scanner bootup comes up like the pictures below. How can I get it to not show the whistler name during boot? Thanks for the help! :confused:

Attachments

• DSCF2308.jpg
    DSCF2308.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 287
  • DSCF2309.jpg
    DSCF2309.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 297

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
:confused: OK, can you help me understand how that works exactly? Is there some text that needs changing, and if so, to what? Seems to me when I reverted to the RS CPU version, it would have put that in itself. Thanks for your input. :confused:

Change the "Welcome Text". It's on the "General Settings" tab, upper left corner.

ChibiPaw

Premium Subscriber
Alright finally tested everything.
So the unit came back as CPU 4.8, DSP 3.0, date set to 2005.

Following the instruction, I have used their EZ Scan software to upgrade the DPS to 3.1, and current date.
After rebooting the unit, it does indeed still pick DMR signals.

CycleSycho

Change the "Welcome Text". It's on the "General Settings" tab, upper left corner.

:confused: OK, am in the window, now what should I change it to? Don't want anything related to whistler there before I send it in. Thanks for your help! :confused:

Upper left corner Welcome Text in the general settings tab.

:confused: What should actually be on each line? Thanks! :confused:

mule1075

Feed Provider
Really what ever you want.i would not worry about it.I am not at home to look at the default welcome text.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

CycleSycho

Really what ever you want.i would not worry about it.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

:wink: Thanks, after changing the lines, do I just 'copy configuration to scanner memory SD card'? :wink:

:confused: Come on folks, I really don't want to screw up the rest of the settings I have. How do I load the 'general welcome text' screen to the scanner? :confused:

:D Got it! The card was partially corrupted so I copied the config to comp, formatted, then copied back with the updated text. All is good now! Thanks for the push in the right direction! :D

Last edited:

trp2525

:confused: OK, am in the window, now what should I change it to? Don't want anything related to whistler there before I send it in. Thanks for your help! :confused:

:confused: What should actually be on each line? Thanks! :confused:

The default 5-line Welcome Text for the PRO-668 is as follows (with each text item centered on each line):

radioshack
PRO-668
iScan DG
Digital
Trunking Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.