Using ARC536 pro with SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommypickles

I have a new SDS200. I have been able to upload a code plug I built using this software. Now I am trying to use the virtual control and am having no luck getting the computer/software to see the 200 using the serial port mode. (Using front miniUSB)
E-mailed the company and they just said to read software manual.
Went to the Uniden site to see if I could download any necessary drivers and had no luck there either.
I have the same software for the 996p2 and have had no problems with it.
What am I missing?
Running windows 7 64 bit OS.
Thank you

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Please confirm you are following the steps here and pressing "no" to enter serial port mode. No special drivers should be needed for remote control to operate correctly. Are you running the most up to date version of Arc536?

tommypickles

OK
I am not sure what the latest version is, I can not find it when I click properties nor does it say what version it is when it come up.
I just got it last year so it should be fairly recent.
As far as the "Yes" vs".No" I am depressing the ".No" to go to serial port.
Just tried it on my 536hp with no luck either on serial port.
Works just fine for mass storage and programming.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
OK
I am not sure what the latest version is, I can not find it when I click properties nor does it say what version it is when it come up.
I just got it last year so it should be fairly recent.
As far as the "Yes" vs".No" I am depressing the ".No" to go to serial port.
Just tried it on my 536hp with no luck either on serial port.
Works just fine for mass storage and programming.
Since, apparently, neither your SDS200 nor BCD536HP will connect in serial mode. either you did not install the driver that Uniden has for these, or it did not install correctly. You can find that here. (The page references the 436HP, but the driver is the same for the SDS, x36HP, and P2 series Uniden scanners.

tommypickles

I am very thankful for the replies, however I cannot get the drivers to down load.
I have attached a copy of what I see on my computer and what happens when I click on the options.
Maybe I am in the wrong location or am not opening the files properly.
Not a skilled computer guy.

Attachments

• Doc1.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 27

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I am very thankful for the replies, however I cannot get the drivers to down load.
I have attached a copy of what I see on my computer and what happens when I click on the options.
Maybe I am in the wrong location or am not opening the files properly.
Not a skilled computer guy.
You're browser is pulling up the page the link is on, rather than the file accessed by the link. I have attached the file below. Save that file to your pc.
Then, open (unzip) it. You can open the compressed (zip) file by clicking on it with Windows Explorer.

Once you have it open, copy the folder, uniden_usber (contains two files) to a folder on your computer (without connecting the cable to your pc & scanner).

After copying the folder to your pc, plug in the data cable for either your 536HP, or SDS200, into both the scanner and your PC.
You should then get the prompt to press "E" for mass storage, or ". no" for Serial.
Select the Serial.
Your PC should find the serial cable drives you just saved to your PC and then connect.

If it does not load the drivers & connect, then open the Device Manager in the Windows Control panel.
Click on the item labeled "Ports" to expand the list.

If you see an item there with a Yellow triangle, then the port did not create properly. <Right><Click> on it and, from the pop-up menu, try "Update Driver Software" to get the PC to try again. If that does not work, then choose "Uninstall", and repeat the process again (unplug the cable, then connect it again, and choose "Serial" again.

Attachments

• Windows_Serial_Drivers.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.