USS Enterprise COMPTUEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKolo

What would some of the most active freqs be ? I see listings for 100's of freqs but no clue whats the most active. Just bought a new radio after getting bored with scanning public safety.
I figured i would ask you guys since you seem to be listening to the same stuff i want.

Thanks

Token

What would some of the most active freqs be ? I see listings for 100's of freqs but no clue whats the most active. Just bought a new radio after getting bored with scanning public safety.
I figured i would ask you guys since you seem to be listening to the same stuff i want.

Thanks

If you mean for this specific USS Enterprise excersize the most active HF freqs are:

#1. 8974 kHz USB
#2. 5723 kHz USB
Tied for 3rd 6688 kHz USB and 4712 kHz USB

If you are talking about what is the most active US Military freqs I would have to say the US Air Force HF-GCS system. Primary frequencies would be (not in order of activity):

4724 kHz USB
6739 kHz USB
8992 kHz USB
11175 kHz USB (this is probably the most acitve)
13200 kHz USB
15016 kHz USB

Remember, lower frequencies at night and higher ones during the day is a good rule of thumb.

This stuff is not like scanning, on HF you end up setting on freq for periods of time with nothing. And finding interesting stuff when, and where, you least expect it. Tuning is the key, got to do a lot of it. Also, the squelch function on HF is NOT the way to go, it will often cover the majority of signals, leave the squelch open and tune around.

T!

SCPD

QRT
Okay just realize that you may need an external antenna to pick up some of these transmissions. The GHFS frequencies are somewhat higher power but it comes down to propagation and noise.

If you're in a quiet location and RFI-free then the whip may suffice -- but most likely you'll need an external antenna.

Just in case you didn't realize, these are all SSB frequencies so you'll need to fine tune them on your radio.

GKolo

This radio came with a 30 foot longwire, I hope to make that about 3x longer. I am making a list of the most active freqs.

GKolo

A good set of headphones is needed when kids are bouncing off the walls and the Tv is on.
Getting some voice on 8974 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.