• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

V1.30 G2-G5 Firmware Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhalbasch

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for all of the hassle, I just realized that Norton was blocking the download for some reason, working now. Thank all of you for attempting to help the hopeless,
Dennis

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Windows Security/Defender throwing fits and blocking execution here.

Is Dream Big Software legit?

Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

App: g4_voice_firmware_V1.30_20200808.exe
Publisher: Dream Big Software LLC

Ed6698

I have the new PPS installed and the 1.3 fw. Other then Windows 10 wanting to keep me from doing stuff that Microsoft thinks I should not be doing everything works fine as far as I can tell. Sure like the TG hold.

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
There are no issues with the site links. I have checked with multiple browsers. Anyone with V1.1 or V1.2 can download the latest V1.3 release. If you are part of the beta group for the scanning V1.4 software don not flash backwards to V1.3.

Here is a screenshot, it shows its going back to the website, not a download.
Download the PPS and back up your pager before you upgrade !!!

AdamHLG

Enjoy everyone! Remember in PPS to enable TG Hold as stated above. The firmware works great. A great radio is even better. Block is also a very convenient feature to temporarily block a TG.

NebraskaCoder

Windows Security/Defender throwing fits and blocking execution here.

Is Dream Big Software legit?
You should be fine. See VirusTotal

Ignore the detection from Rising. It seems to be a false-positive. I looked over what files, registry, services, etc everything is modifying and nothing out of the ordinary.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
Enjoy everyone! Remember in PPS to enable TG Hold as stated above. The firmware works great. A great radio is even better. Block is also a very convenient feature to temporarily block a TG.
If only fire would use another TG for daily morning testing so you can permanently block it out :)

philacop

Premium Subscriber
Seen on release notes,
“Added DES and ADP encryption “
Guess there will be a updated encryption utility ?

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Be advised that some web browsers (Chrome, Microsoft Edge) will block the firmware download as "dangerous".

N6ML

Seen on release notes,
“Added DES and ADP encryption “
Guess there will be a updated encryption utility ?

I believe so. There was "Key programming software V01-00-00_Beta09" that accompanied PPS V00-03-16_Beta09. Presumably there's a final version of that, but I suspect you need to get it from/through your dealer.

Ed6698

I am noticing also with the amplified charger is that when holding on a TG the sound of speaker amp opening and closing is gone as it holds the speaker open during the TG hold.

cookmaster

i have a question i just download the software and check where it says Enable TGID Hold setting, i cannot figure how to use or where to push or what buttons to push to use the Hold function can someone tell me how to use the hold buttons, its a Trunk system just trying to use it to hold a TG while scanning and thanks!

cookmaster

thanks i have that already if you read what i just wrote, again my Question is where is the the hold button on the the G5 to push to activate the hold Button ??

rimedic

Upgraded to 1.3 and the new programming software. Still no Bluetooth. Go figure.

mitbr

thanks i have that already if you read what i just wrote, again my Question is where is the the hold button on the the G5 to push to activate the hold Button ??
While scanning a trunked system when a talkgroup becomes active the word hold will be above the blue button on the bottom left of the pager push this button to hold push again to stop the hold. It only appears when the talkgroup is active!
Tim :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.