• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

V1.31 G2-G5 Firmware Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

floridafuzz

Thanks. Getting that code on three different machines indicates it's the "doesn't understand" case and most likely a bad pager USB port. Ray Zimmerman agrees at this point…so off for service it will go. Again, thanks to N6ML and you for the input.
Your welcome. Also, Ray is one of the best. He will take good care of you. He is my guy.

FishScan

Check the port for lint or anything else with a toothpick. Same thing you would do on a cell phone.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone had an issue with locating their model number in PPS v3.16.21 drop down list? I want to create another profile but I am not able to locate my model number in the drop down list. I created the first profile in the previous PPS version with no issue. The model number is
G5D67BE-SXVXENBX02UNI

N2YQT

Ambulance Driver
Premium Subscriber
I want to share an experience.

I'm using a Surface Pro7 tablet with the docking station. If I plug the USB cable into the docking station and attempt to upgrade, it gives me a network error at random percentages. If I disconnect from the dock and plug the USB cable directly into the computer, it updates fine.

Hit_Factor

I'm using a Surface Pro7 tablet with the docking station. If I plug the USB cable into the docking station and attempt to upgrade, it gives me a network error at random percentages. If I disconnect from the dock and plug the USB cable directly into the computer, it updates fine.

Check for a firmware update. I think the dock has to be connected to the surface when the check is performed.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Has anyone had an issue with locating their model number in PPS v3.16.21 drop down list? I want to create another profile but I am not able to locate my model number in the drop down list. I created the first profile in the previous PPS version with no issue. The model number is
G5D67BE-SXVXENBX02UNI
I found it easier to create a new profile by reading the pager. Too many nearly-identical options to pick from the dropdown. There's over 50 just for the G5, there needs to be a separate dropdown for picking the base model (G1-G5) then a second that populates only with options applicable to the first choice.

N6ML

Now that I have upgraded my pager I can not seem to get the message backup software to work. It will say it's finished but it will import 0 when I have 500 messages in it. Any suggestions?

It still (mostly) works for me. I click "Import" (which always says 0/0/0), then click "Backup", which does the actual copying of the audio files. I then go to the "Message Management" tab, which appears empty until I click "Search".

I think it's always been that way. What's different now is that the To/From TGIDs are not shown correctly, since messages are stored differently by the V1.3x firmware.

Prospect62

I have a perfectly good working G2 using 1.2, does what I need it to do with a few annoyances. I have no need or intention on using the RR import. Are there any helpful revisions in 1.31 that will make this G2 perform better than it is now? It's monitoring one P25 system as a scanner and I don't do anything else with it.

Worth it or nah?

Status
Not open for further replies.