Vigo county on SDS100

smokestack

I have a sds 100 I got when they first came out. I didn't use it because I couldn't figure out how to program it for just terre haute. I've only been used to my psr-800. That being said I just recently started using it again. I am only scanning Vigo county through a favorite list a friend helped me make. I'm still not hearing half the radio traffic. I can use the scanner radio app on my phone and hear a lot more. So I'm wondering if anyone knows if I need to upgrade my scanner? It's all updated firmware and frequencies. And I have tried different antennas. Any help would be much appreciated.

west-pac

The difference is likely the Talkgroup list that you are listening to, versus the Talkgroup list that the 'scanner feed' scanner is listening to. Are you interested in listening to those other agencies and such?

smokestack

The difference is likely the Talkgroup list that you are listening to, versus the Talkgroup list that the 'scanner feed' scanner is listening to. Are you interested in listening to those other agencies and such?
Yes. I am trying to hear the local PD and fire. For whatever reason mine stop on dispatch like it's playing but I don't hear anything. I will hear the officer reply though. Squelch doesn't seem to change much either. It's strange.

smokestack

I think I figured it out. I still had every county for Indiana in my favorite list. I deleted those and hear a lot more. It's probably not setup right. But it's working much better now.

Maggiedog

I have a sds 100 I got when they first came out. I didn't use it because I couldn't figure out how to program it for just terre haute. I've only been used to my psr-800. That being said I just recently started using it again. I am only scanning Vigo county through a favorite list a friend helped me make. I'm still not hearing half the radio traffic. I can use the scanner radio app on my phone and hear a lot more. So I'm wondering if anyone knows if I need to upgrade my scanner? It's all updated firmware and frequencies. And I have tried different antennas. Any help would be much appreciated.
The database shows Terre Haute PD as being encrypted. However it sounds like they are on the streaming app. Are they actually encrypted, but still streaming?