VIPER P25 System Discussion 2016-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4pbd

They're on VIPER. Look in the database towards the bottom under the DOT heading and you'll see the TGs.

That's where I used to hear them, IMAP units calling Metro. Turned on those talkgroups last week in the storm and I've yet to hear a peep on them.

pwfd323

I was just wondering how active are the US Marshells, FBI, DEA etc around Wayne, Wilson, Johnston Co area. What TG should I program if I want to listen to them

GamecockSJ

I used to hear the DEA constantly here in Greenville, but they were not here - I could tell from the roads they named that they were driving around Charlotte and the I-85 corridor. Haven't heard them in months.

Drafin

I was just wondering how active are the US Marshells, FBI, DEA etc around Wayne, Wilson, Johnston Co area. What TG should I program if I want to listen to them

Monitoring the feds on VIPER can be hit and miss. Sometimes I hear both sides of a conversation, sometimes I hear one side and sometimes I hear nothing at all for weeks at a time.

Draf

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Monitoring the feds on VIPER can be hit and miss. Sometimes I hear both sides of a conversation, sometimes I hear one side and sometimes I hear nothing at all for weeks at a time.

Draf

So do the federal agencies use VIPER in addition to their respective VHF and UHF frequencies?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
So do the federal agencies use VIPER in addition to their respective VHF and UHF frequencies?

They most definitely do. Remember: VIPER is an interop solution and not a heavy use day in and day out radio system for Fed agencies. They primarily use their own VHF/UHF freqs as primary comms and VIPER as a secondary comm option.

Also: a friendly reminder to NOT post specific details as far as street names, descriptions of specific people, etc here in the forums. We don't want to take the chance, however remote, of potentially jeopardizing ongoing investigations.
Thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR

NCFireman11

Premium Subscriber
Caught traffic on TG 52248 & 52249, both were encrypted on both sides of the conversation.

Drafin

If I program a Hp2 by zipcode for Ashe county, will it load what I need in order to hear NCSHP Troop F Div2?

Wow. Have we not already answered this multiple times for you as your other user name?

One more time, while zip code can be used it is by far, not the best method for stationary scanning. Program a favorites list with the tower (or two) that you are in range of with the talkgroup IDs specifically for F Troop and the Ashe TGID and you can hear what you are looking for.

Sorry if this seems abrasive but we have answered this a couple of different times in a couple of different ways for you. Most notably, here:

http://forums.radioreference.com/no...forum/327494-what-could-i-expect-receive.html

and here:

http://forums.radioreference.com/no...n-forum/327241-new-trunking-800mhz-viper.html

Draf

SouthernRoller

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, all this digital stuff sounds confusing.. Maybe i'll just stick with the county sheriff, fire and ems and SHP lowband and let it ride..

reconrider8

I would say that sounds like maybe forestry service sending out the daily readiness plan. But Cumberland is like D-6 I believe

Johnson1522

I came to this thread because I keep noticing a talkgroup ID that isn't in the database. After reading this thread it seems like this happens occasionally and there's no real way to identify them? I'm still somewhat new to this so forgive me if I'm making a stupid mistake.

The ID is 46035 and I'm hearing it on frequencies around the Granville county area. 46034 and 46036 are both Henderson PD, but 46035 sounds like a school or college campus maintenance.

Johnson1522

So am I right to assume the database is all user generated? Is there no government authority that authorizes or assigns the IDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.