VIPER Statewide Radio System Discussion

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
The 526xx range is various law enforcement, mostly encrypted but not always, today it could be SBI, tomorrow Wake Co, the next day Ashboro, you never know.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
For those monitoring the Valhalla and and Plymouth towers, please note that changes were made to the database this morning. While the exact changes are not listed site changes usually involve changes to the control channel or alt cc. You might want to check the database before posting that you no longer are hearing traffic on these sites.

Zbizzle911

Here's a wiki that has previous publications in it as well. I will continue to try to keep the future ones updated in there as well.

I really do want to know what the updates to DPR and statewide event TGs they'll bring
Just looked at the new TG's today, It looks like they took and made 15 DPR TG's per region east , west & central. There were also changes to the LZ tg's there are now LZ East , West, Central and Piedmont with each having a TG 1 & 2 so LZ Piedmont 1 and LZ piedmont 2 and so on. I also noticed that the SW tg's go through tango now.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Just looked at the new TG's today, It looks like they took and made 15 DPR TG's per region east , west & central. There were also changes to the LZ tg's there are now LZ East , West, Central and Piedmont with each having a TG 1 & 2 so LZ Piedmont 1 and LZ piedmont 2 and so on. I also noticed that the SW tg's go through tango now.

Do you know the TGs and/or will you be submitting them to the database?

overtheair

So i spent a couple hours last night looking for any type of talk group list(or lists) and never found any relevant information. Are they considered Sensitive information and not available for public consumption? Wake County had a information release specific to scanner users when their Type 2 system was released(or around that time). I never really thought about it while I worked at the Sheriff's Office as I had a radio, no need for scanners ect. But now, I find it odd a lot of information is out there but almost zero on the talk groups themselves

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
So i spent a couple hours last night looking for any type of talk group list(or lists) and never found any relevant information. Are they considered Sensitive information and not available for public consumption? Wake County had a information release specific to scanner users when their Type 2 system was released(or around that time). I never really thought about it while I worked at the Sheriff's Office as I had a radio, no need for scanners ect. But now, I find it odd a lot of information is out there but almost zero on the talk groups themselves

The only TG lists are what users ID and submit to the RR database, they really don't like handing it out or having everyone listening in. If you try to request one through freedom of info laws they claim LE exemption. Unless you, or someone you know has an inside source I doubt you will find a complete list out there. And the Wake Co handout about monitoring was geared to the main PS people in the departments who monitor scanners in the off hours, it didn't list TGs.

overtheair

The only TG lists are what users ID and submit to the RR database, they really don't like handing it out or having everyone listening in. If you try to request one through freedom of info laws they claim LE exemption. Unless you, or someone you know has an inside source I doubt you will find a complete list out there. And the Wake Co handout about monitoring was geared to the main PS people in the departments who monitor scanners in the off hours, it didn't list TGs.
Gotcha, thanks and it makes sense

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone in Wake County heard Col. McNeil's final 42 go over yet? I accidently forgot to set my scanner this morning

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Viper Statewide GOLF 3 being used in downtown Raleigh by Raleigh Police for shadowing protest march. March just started.