Viper system in favorites Sentinel software

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
As I suggested way back in post #4.
Yep, and you were correct.

I suspect that the OP tried to append those Departments ("Groups") that were of interest, but then deleted the avalanche of sites that also followed along. In trying to replicate what may have happened, I tried to only append one of the Departments, instead of the whole system. It would append the single county, or NCSP Troop, but also appended all of the Viper sites. I could not get Sentinel to only append a Department, without any sites selected or being appended. Sites always were part of the append, whether selected or not.

phask

Premium Subscriber
True, just the way Sentinel works. Really a PITA when there is a new freq. added or changed on 1 site. I do an append to a new list then some C&P.

For me, when I am deleting or mass avoiding, it's one of 2 ways, rename bu preceding with an aa and then sorting. Tha way I can delete all from the bottom. Or be very, very careful :)

Yep, and you were correct.

I suspect that the OP tried to append those Departments ("Groups") that were of interest, but then deleted the avalanche of sites that also followed along. In trying to replicate what may have happened, I tried to only append one of the Departments, instead of the whole system. It would append the single county, or NCSP Troop, but also appended all of the Viper sites. I could not get Sentinel to only append a Department, without any sites selected or being appended. Sites always were part of the append, whether selected or not.

Cepheid

THANK YOU! All of you...you guys are the BEST!
Thank you to hiegtx for fixing my file. But just as important thank you ALL for helping me to understand HOW this works! I GET IT!!!
Yes I did delete the "sites" list and just hand picked the depts I wanted to listen to. Now I see why it didn't work. I never realized the sites list was in with the dept list so I just deleted all except what I wanted to listen to as some of you figured out right away.
I read some of your posts several times till the lightbulb went on.
Hey I'm slow at picking up on this newfangled digital stuff.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
THANK YOU! All of you...you guys are the BEST!
Thank you to hiegtx for fixing my file. But just as important thank you ALL for helping me to understand HOW this works! I GET IT!!!
Yes I did delete the "sites" list and just hand picked the depts I wanted to listen to. Now I see why it didn't work. I never realized the sites list was in with the dept list so I just deleted all except what I wanted to listen to as some of you figured out right away.
I read some of your posts several times till the lightbulb went on.
Hey I'm slow at picking up on this newfangled digital stuff.
Glad it's working for you. Don't be shy- you can find many answers to your questions here on the forums, but if not, or the answer was not clear, just ask.

Also, remember that you cannot "kill" the scanner with programming. That can always be remedied where necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.