WA Dept Of Transportation (P25 System) Updates

RBMTS

A member has submitted their extensive work on a project to verify sites and data for the new WA-DOT P25 system. I'll be updating the sites over the course of this week.

I am going to keep the older LTR system listed until such time as active Washington state listeners can verify that the sites have gone quiet. I am not able to deprecate parts of the system. As such when it is confident that the old system is no longer used, I will make it inactive.

Thanks for everyone's efforts.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
A member has submitted their extensive work on a project to verify sites and data for the new WA-DOT P25 system. I'll be updating the sites over the course of this week.

Randy FYI if the changes are related to the control channels swapping (from primary to secondary and vice versa) then I'd suggest ignoring them for now since the Harris P25 systems rotate control channels frequently.

RBMTS

Thanks for the advice. This is a complete list of actual locations, lat/lon of sites, NACs, neighbor sites, etc. I had some sites listed with just a county name (from area heard) but this contributor actually researched locations and data. It will nicely round out the information and expand the DB listing.

midnightcaller

Premium Subscriber
OK from my understanding of it you can now monitor the Washington State Dept of transportation, on 700 megs P2
I have the 996P2 scanner, and live in the Everett Lake Stevens area what would be a good sight to program into the scanner? I was looking at the king sight I did program the Everett sight into the scanner but not have heard anything yet

ww7ch

Feed Provider
WSDOT is in the process of migrating over to this system. Activity will be erratic.
For Lake Stevens the closest sites would be Everett and King Lake.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
OK from my understanding of it you can now monitor the Washington State Dept of transportation, on 700 megs P2. I have the 996P2 scanner, and live in the Everett Lake Stevens area what would be a good sight to program into the scanner? I was looking at the king sight I did program the Everett sight into the scanner but not have heard anything yet

Uh... why not just program in all of the sites and see which sites you can hear... then lockout the sites you can't.

Also, WSDOT (at least so far) is mostly a M-F operation and not much activity overnight.

midnightcaller

Premium Subscriber
WSDOT is in the process of migrating over to this system. Activity will be erratic.
For Lake Stevens the closest sites would be Everett and King Lake.
OK thanks for the information I been listening to the King Lake sight but have not heard anything yet

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Some new sites updates. Note the last entry has a new SITE ID...

S163 772.60625 $0A3 C7D5A.03F-163.163 very weak but decodes OK
S165 771.15625 *TBD C7D5A.03F-165.165 ???
S166 772.65625 *TBD C7D5A.03F-166.166 ???
S219 ***TBD*** *TBD C7D5A.040-219.219 ???

ww7ch

Feed Provider
Some new sites updates. Note the last entry has a new SITE ID...

S163 772.60625 $0A3 C7D5A.03F-163.163 very weak but decodes OK
S165 771.15625 *TBD C7D5A.03F-165.165 ???
S166 772.65625 *TBD C7D5A.03F-166.166 ???
S219 ***TBD*** *TBD C7D5A.040-219.219 ???

772.60625 is licensed to Maxwell Hill
771.15625 is licensed to Minot Peak
772.65625 is licensed to Nielton Point

All 3 sites are in the same regional area west and north of Olympia. Next time I go out that way I'll verify these sites unless someone else is able to first.

Last edited:

Scrutineer44

You can't say 'dragon' over the radio
Premium Subscriber
I find it interesting that there are no repeaters anywhere close to the south east : Yakima, Benton, Franklin, Adams, Walla walla. The P25 is completely dark here in the tri-cities.

RBMTS

Let's not say there "isn't" any sites. Instead let's say that we don't know if they exist yet. The listening community needs to monitor, search & scan in the area. There as been no submissions for that SE area regarding this system.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Let's not say there "isn't" any sites. Instead let's say that we don't know if they exist yet. The listening community needs to monitor, search & scan in the area. There as been no submissions for that SE area regarding this system.
Agreed

ww7ch

Feed Provider
Keep in mind that WSDOT is right in the middle of their implementation and it's region by region. Some new sites went online in the SW region, in fact I saw a new neighbor site come online the last few days in Lewis county. As soon as I can get out there I will confirm some of these sites and get em to Randy. For SE region we'll just need folks to keep searching for that C7D5A WACN.

btt

Banned
Banned
I find it interesting that there are no repeaters anywhere close to the south east : Yakima, Benton, Franklin, Adams, Walla walla. The P25 is completely dark here in the tri-cities.
I haven't looked up the repeater location yet, but there is one close to Benton City.wadot.png