Wa State Ferries/Seattle Coast Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

articthunder

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to listen to Washington State Ferries and Coast Guard Group Seattle? Is there a specific freq, a marine channel or VHF. Looking for suggestions.
Thanks

RBMTS

There sure is. The info you seek is in the Washington DB. I believe there is also some information in the WIKI for Washington. If your scanner has a service search feature, you might want to scan the marine band.

The CG operates on the standard marine channels assigned to them. However they do have some specific frequencies that they use in the MIL bands but they always seem to use encryption. Therefore you won't be able to hear them. The FedGov section of the WIKI has various frequencies listed for the CG. Listen to Marine channel 22a for marine related emergencies where the the CG is communicating with public or commercial vessels. Another active channel for them is channel 23 as I remember.

PACNWDude

Marine VHF 16 is always a good one to monitor. CG will then direct traffic to another channel.
This is 156.8 MHz FM wideband 26kHz.

PACNWDude

Yes corrected above.

Yes, meant wideband as in 25kHz channel spacing and "25" instead of "26".

Stavro35

All law enforcement and SAR ops are now on a frequency that can no longer be monitored . This is nationwide on various frequencies, not just Seattle.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
All law enforcement and SAR ops are now on a frequency that can no longer be monitored . This is nationwide on various frequencies, not just Seattle.

the Op is asking about Washington State Ferries and Coast Guard, not sure what you are talking about. or did I miss something here.

Status
Not open for further replies.