Walmart Scanner Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ_NORTON

As long as you ID your station in English the FCC doesn't care if you speak spanish, Chinese or pig latin.

WA1CRZ

kingpin said:
Holy 2 year old thread Batman!
Wow! just noticed that now that ya mentioned it.
Even television networks bring back old reruns that were interesting.PS whats the oldest thread still saved somewhere on this website?

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
WA1CRZ said:
Even television networks bring back old reruns that were interesting.PS whats the oldest thread still saved somewhere on this website?

Well, it depends if you count the threads from trunkedradio.net (the predecessor to RR) or not. There was also a board before that, but I don't know what it was called.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
scanfan03 said:
WA1CRZ said:
Well, it depends if you count the threads from trunkedradio.net (the predecessor to RR) or not. There was also a board before that, but I don't know what it was called.
Well all you have to do is manipulate the URL to find the oldest one:
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1
Note the "t=1" at the end (first topic).

The SE Trunked Radio Web Page doesn't have any topics carried over, the one linked above is from the TrunkedRadioNet days. We did lose some on a software transition one time.

But all of this has little to do with opening up a 2 year old topic by a brand new user. :mad:

pappy1

WA1CRZ said:
I think it would be fun to find a way to jam their RFID scanner thingys they have at the exit doors. It be fun to walk out with a bunch of stuff for free.

It would be more fun just to sit back and watch all the fun when you set it off on a busy day.

tjg66

lol, i remember back 2 years ago when i started this thread!

Wow, have things changed.
I didn't realize it had been that long.

Kinda freaked me out when i saw it as one of the top threads.

cartman

illegal alien shoppers

MacombMonitor said:
Wal-Mart probably wants digital radios so they can talk about all their illegal alien employees!
They probably don't have as many illegal alien employees as they do customers. Get rid of the illegals and walmart would have NO customers.

cartman

frequency

cellblock776 said:
dgroves,
Keep in mind that the first 2 channels on your radios are Multi Use Radio Service, MURS, frequencies and are able to be used by anyone with a MURS capable radio. Other MURS freqs are
151.820 MHz
151.880 MHz
151.940 MHz
154.570 MHz
154.600 MHz
Hi there. I work for wally world p/t and have wondered what frequency walmat used. I collect shopping carts and wanted to listen to managment. I had tried the 600 frequency and had no luck. Then put the 570 frequency in and someone was talking. I just bought a new BC92XLT handheld, which seems to work fine for it's size, but either those XTM's walmart use's are weak or the building hampers their signal. I've noticed even these HT1250 walkies the police and other agencies use don't work as well inside some buildings. Someone mentioned Walmart going digital. Humm?, one day maybe.

monitorman

MarkEagleUSA said:
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but why would anyone want to listen to Walmart transmissions? :confused:

Same reason they listen to drive-thru's, oh and would you like fries with that?

Portable14

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Wal-Mart codes.

Since this thread is titles "Wal-Mart scanner codes", I figured I'd throw in their "codes".

Code White=Accident
Code Blue=Bomb Threat
Code Red=Fire
Code Black=Weather
Code Green=Hostage Situation
Code Orange=Chemical
Code Adam=Missing Child
Code Brown=Shooting Situation.

In all the times that I've monitored walmart, I have never heard ANY of them used, But I figured someone else might want to know what these terms meant in case they ever use them.

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
Since this thread is titles "Wal-Mart scanner codes", I figured I'd throw in their "codes".

Code White=Accident
Code Blue=Bomb Threat
Code Red=Fire
Code Black=Weather
Code Green=Hostage Situation
Code Orange=Chemical
Code Adam=Missing Child
Code Brown=Shooting Situation.

In all the times that I've monitored walmart, I have never heard ANY of them used, But I figured someone else might want to know what these terms meant in case they ever use them.

Walk up to some random employee and say "Code Adam in aisle xx"

Is there really an FCC reg about spanish? you should hear FRS/GMRS in Laredo & McAllen/Brownsville/Padre Island in Texas

cpuerror

Has anyone seeing those cell phones the manager's use? Not the ones that connect with a commercial tower, but the kind that have tiny repeaters placed around the store? By the size of the antennas they look like they are at least 800mhz. I went into a walmart with a 246 and cc auto store hidden in my pocket but never picked up anything.

Tom1200

Walk up to some random employee and say "Code Adam in aisle xx"

Is there really an FCC reg about spanish? you should hear FRS/GMRS in Laredo & McAllen/Brownsville/Padre Island in Texas

haha..get on the MURS channel and say "code brown, everyone get down on the floor"

Status
Not open for further replies.