Walmart Scanner Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddogdecker

Premium Subscriber
the walmart in my area of Indiana have the little ear piece now. Pretty much all over the northeast part of Indiana run on 154.570. There is only one that doesn't. Which is Kendallville.

cartman

If they learned how to use PL id be happy, alot of my MURS radios are rock radios set to .57, i have PL, walmart doesnt.. they get huffy about me being on "THEIR" frequency.

"How come i can hear you, but you cant hear me??"

perhaps MURS is the reason they are looking to go to another band.[/QUOTE

Our Walmart out here in NC that I work p/t for, there may be others, they have gone to the Motorola RDU or X series radios. Our store has 2-different frequencies now, why I don't know, but while I can talk to management on their frequency using my Icom handheld I can't on their other frequency which apparently is PL'd. Now I can hear them just fine, but when I key up they can't hear me. I had to finally resort to using one of their radios instead of my own. So apparently they've either put a PL tone or code on this one particular frequency or they've gone digital. I don't have a $500 scanner to use to find out what kind of codes they're using.

BamaScan

They use 154.600 simplex with a 71.9 pl tone in my hometown. I only listen to them when they get busy during the Christmas rush, or when someone calls in a fake bomb call, or they have a med call. Otherwise they are locked out of my scanner.

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm thinking about streaming my Wal-Mart over the internet, along with McDonalds. Anybody interested?

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
This is a two year OLD thread! Did anyone notice?
n9zas

Coffeemug

Premium Subscriber
Murs

I thought read somewhere that the Red Dot frequency ( 151.6250 ) has been adopted the official sixth channel in the MURS allocation.

Frequency Channel
151.6250 01
151.8200 02
151.8800 03
151.9400 04
154.5700 05
154.6000 06

Is this Correct or did I misunderstand ?

Adam
E-MAIL kb3jcp@arrl.net

telxonmaster

A friend & I went to the Walmart in south Springfield Mo, and I picked them up on 154.600 as well. Employees seem to think if you can talk on their radios, you obviously stole one of their radios! Like I can't buy one that operates on those channels? sheesh!

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I worked at Walmart 20 years ago and management was using, get this, marine radios. I imagine that they got a notice from the FCC, because the last time I was there, they were not using the old white radios.

CODE 50 used to mean stock-man. Not sure if it's still being used today.

I used to hate to hear, "CODE 50 to the front for buggies." or better yet, "CODE 50 to toys for a swing set."

tj20

It would of been interesting listening around 1 am Tuesday morning when a storm came through and damaged the roof at our store. The water was flowing down the wall and flooding the back room.

iNb4Ownage

If you all REALLY want to, you could just buy an XTN Series or an RDM2020 walkie on eBay or something and not only could you hear them, you could even TALK to Walmart Associates to mess with them. LOL.

XTN series walkies run around $50-$100 and the RDM2020 is usually $150-$200 I have an RDM2020 myself (no I didn't pay for it, I work at Walmart so they gave me one)

PS: Is it just me that notices this, but this thread keeps getting bumped every 2 years LMAO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.