We Need Freshly Updated and New Database Information for Michigan (Non MPSCS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigmoe

Premium Subscriber
Just an update.(AEP / Benton Harbor) This combination seems to be working. The scanner is trunking, I hear all kinds of traffic. The only difference appears to be the addition of 855.9375 (control channel at this time).
Order: (1) 856.2875, (2) 857.2875, (3) 858.2875, (4) 859.2875, (5) 860.2875, (6) 855.9375.

There are three (3) other frequencies that are licensed for this site but don't appear they are being used?
(855.0375 / 855.6625 / 857.8375) I do hear code ID, however no voice traffic. (so far)

Also... Benton Harbor Police are using TG #3583 on the MPSCS system.

KD8HDQ

i AM ONLY LOOKING FOR THE DIGITAL STUFF
ANY ONE HAVE ANY NEW INFO ON ALLEGAN COUNTY ??

AND SOUTH WEST LOWER MICHIGAN
GRAND HAVEN M S P POST AND THINGS LIKE THAT
N W S TO SKYWARN

THANKS
MARK

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Mark - have you checked the database? It's all listed there. NWS doesn't use MPSCS to talk to Skywarn.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
In the past, the database administrators for Michigan were not too receptive to RR members attempts to contribute new information, or changes to the database. Has something changed?

rdale

Premium Subscriber
That's a pretty open-ended statement ;)

I've never had a problem submitting info, what sort of issues have you dealt with?

SCPD

QRT
That's a pretty open-ended statement ;)

I've never had a problem submitting info, what sort of issues have you dealt with?

They sometimes reject your info if they don't like it. Happened to me yesterday and several times in the past.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
It was rejected because they didn't "like it"? Can you be a little more in-depth? What did you submit? How did you verify it? Was their official response "We don't like it so we won't add it"?

SCPD

QRT
It was rejected because they didn't "like it"? Can you be a little more in-depth? What did you submit? How did you verify it? Was their official response "We don't like it so we won't add it"?

Well yesterday I made the suggestion that all of the Ann Arbor PD TG's be grouped together in 1 section and he said something about the SIU and Traffic ones "weren't part of Metro Dispatch" whatever that means.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
So you submitted talkgroups and they were put in the wrong category? What talkgroups did you submit?

SCPD

QRT
So you submitted talkgroups and they were put in the wrong category? What talkgroups did you submit?

I didn't submit them, I just suggested they be rearranged and he disagreed, but I don't understand why.

Last edited:

Craigmoe

Premium Subscriber
Well lets say there is a certain 'format' to things and maybe what you had suggested didn't fit that format. Doesn't mean it wasn't good just didn't fit at this time. I feel they do a darn good job with the thousands of bits of data they have to deal with. Maybe what you submitted will be considered in the future? Relax and enjoy the site, Happy Holidays....

SCPD

QRT
Well lets say there is a certain 'format' to things and maybe what you had suggested didn't fit that format. Doesn't mean it wasn't good just didn't fit at this time. I feel they do a darn good job with the thousands of bits of data they have to deal with. Maybe what you submitted will be considered in the future? Relax and enjoy the site, Happy Holidays....

I am relaxing and enjoying the site. He asked for an example and I gave one.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
No, that was an example of having a difference in opinions on the way data was displayed. You said they rejected your info.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
The point is - two users took this thread off topic to criticize the DB admins. When asked for evidence of what "bad things" were done, they have none.

Nice.

SCPD

QRT
The point is - two users took this thread off topic to criticize the DB admins. When asked for evidence of what "bad things" were done, they have none.

Nice.

I wasn't criticizing anyone. You asked for an example and I gave it. The email that was sent specifically said "rejected".

Last edited:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Ive only had one rejected, mine still IMHO the submission is still valid, having to do with a road commission freq that shows FCC had canceled it and its definitely not used, since I know they went to mototurbo. We know that to a point although the db is getting better, some of the long no longer used freqs remain.

The DB Admins certainly have their rules to follow from higher ups and yest it is a volunteer job.

Last edited:

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Good point Ron. But it's hard for the mod's to know - unless the info is coming from someone who actually works there and/or saw the radios being yanked out and put on Ebay. Because a lot of times people think that an agency completely leaves a system, but in reality the pieces are still there if needed in an emergency.

I'd rather have too many frequencies than someone submitting bad info accidentally removing a freq that might still be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.