We Need Freshly Updated and New Database Information for Michigan (Non MPSCS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Well yesterday I made the suggestion that all of the Ann Arbor PD TG's be grouped together in 1 section and he said something about the SIU and Traffic ones "weren't part of Metro Dispatch" whatever that means.

Washtenaw Metro Dispatch, is responsible for 9-1-1 coordination/dispatching of the Ann Arbor Police, MSP 26, Northfield Twp., and the Washtenaw County Sheriff's Dept. There is a set of talkgroups that they are, and will be using to coordinate this activity on. The talkgroups for Ann Arbor City PD are listed separately, since they are only used by that agency, alone from other MPSCS subscribers.

73s

Ron

SCPD

QRT
Washtenaw Metro Dispatch, is responsible for 9-1-1 coordination/dispatching of the Ann Arbor Police, MSP 26, Northfield Twp., and the Washtenaw County Sheriff's Dept. There is a set of talkgroups that they are, and will be using to coordinate this activity on. The talkgroups for Ann Arbor City PD are listed separately, since they are only used by that agency, alone from other MPSCS subscribers.

73s

Ron

Do the LEIN and car to car talkgroups belong under it too?

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
When we see "Updated Talkgroups (1 Updated)" what was done?
It gets flagged and says something is updated, to us its a 'crying wolf' as nothing essentially changed.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks I finally found that link, it is at the beginning of the list of talkgroups just after the tower frequencies Michigan Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies, there should be a link at the beginning and not imbedded 1/3 down in such a massive list, essentially needs to be more clear.
Been here for several years, 175 update submissions, all I have been doing is as Im sure others do is click the history page where all we see is mainly 'updated talkgroup' listed.

I added that link to the MPSCS wiki. Michigan Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) - The RadioReference Wiki

I do see three links to the same history page,http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=100&tab=history at the beginning of Michigan Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies At least one of those three should point to the new talkgroups page.

Any web admin out there to make this better? I would love to be able to do that as I do my own web page below as it is such a simple fix.

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
You can also just scan down the list and look for the colored lines.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
And scrolling through thousands of listings, 'always' miss a few from time-time, been there done that before a lot. I know this isnt in the spirit of this thread necessarily but as users/customers we need better as well.

I say again that the RR database system was setup based on analog, but in the digital age, the database system needs to be overhauled.
This year we will add Bay County and I know City of Flint, Lapeer and Tuscola counties will be switching so that mile long list will grow longer.

Last edited:

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I posted that just a few posts back... He said that is too hard to find.

SCPD

QRT
I posted that just a few posts back... He said that is too hard to find.

Well how do you get to that page without typing the url? I never knew about it before til you posted it a few months ago. Could you (literally) draw us a picture? I have it in my bookmarks already but just wondering.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure I understand your question at all... You scroll down on the main MPSCS (or any other trunked system) page and you'll see a "new talkgroups" links.

SCPD

QRT
I'm not sure I understand your question at all... You scroll down on the main MPSCS (or any other trunked system) page and you'll see a "new talkgroups" links.

Okay I found it.

Ronald: Its right after the frequencies list and before the talkgroups list. (the link is labeled "Show New")

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin

Appreciate it but, that what I was commenting about above

Okay I found it.

Ronald: Its right after the frequencies list and before the talkgroups list. (the link is labeled "Show New")

Thanks but I mentioned I too found it above.

Way I found it was to save the entire web page, bring up my html editor and had to do a search for that url.

FYI I copied - pasted just from that same url point (the new) to bottom, including the spaces between lines and text headers, I used Word and it states, 19,699 lines! Yep more than a mile hehe.

Ok to stay on topic we should soon put up a stickie as we did for other counties for the upcoming county changeovers, Bay, City of Flint, Tuscola but I dont know the timeframes on the last two. Bay county will be by summer.

Last edited:

Craigmoe

Premium Subscriber
Update: Control channel at this time for Sumnerville [Berrien] is ' 868.9125 ' not 868.5875 as indicated.

msdossys

Hi there, it appears there is some bad info entered for the new tower put up in St. Joseph, MI as provided by this link: RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database. The latitude and longitude are wrong there (N 44.428811, W -86.110840).

However, when looking at the FCC Callsign information page at FCC Callsign WQLY259 Details, it shows the correct location as N42.11014, W-86.47622.

I knew the new tower was up near me, but couldnt see it on RR Locations page for the MPSCS at Site Map: Michigan Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State. Now I know why!

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Good catch - did you click the "submit" button to get that fixed?

msdossys

Ah ha! No I have not. I did not even notice that option until you mentioned it. Will be submitting that information there now. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.