Weird Lifeflight frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
While listening to Lifeflight, I heard the dispatcher direct one of the aircraft to Portage county. The target frequency for that region was announced as "Bravo 119". Obviously this is some predetermined designation, but does anyone know what this means?

Yokoshibu

ICS ... incident command system.... that is a great way of creating mis-communication lets start injecting more junk

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
What are you talking about - "miscommunication"? These codes? Apparently they are well-established.

Yokoshibu

well established? what national system did I miss out on? I guess you missed my point.

medic611

Yokoshibu said:
ICS ... incident command system.... that is a great way of creating mis-communication lets start injecting more junk

Amazing how ICS worked long before homeland security, ask any firefighter thats been doing the job for 10 yrs +.

Yokoshibu

Yeah... ICS is great however I have seen firechiefs dick it up. So it's great provided you know it.. somedays the fire chiefs and police chiefs have to realize they control tactical units that someone else has control over for the specific emergency... it's amazing how possesive people are over things they do not truley own. (the taxpayers own it all in government but its funny how we forget)

Status
Not open for further replies.