Weird noise from BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilAirNJ

Is this the weird noise coming from the speaker that everyone is complaining about? It occurs before and after a transmission. Sounds like 2-3 quiet beeps.. Here is a link to the video. Listen closely...

IMG 4192 - YouTube

JamesO

Kind of, but there are SO MANY.

R2D2 is what you can hear with some external speakers. Just get a pair of earbuds and turn the volume all the way down. Plug the earbuds into the external speaker jack and slowly and carefully bring the volume up slightly until you can hear at a normal level.

Then enjoy R2D2!

How did you capture the audio for the YouTube clip?

MilAirNJ

Thanks for the Quick Reply JamesO. I just recorder my speaker with my iPhone than uploaded to YouTube.

KF7IJZ

I also get that noise in mine. It was an early one, sent back for the headphone mod.

MAguln8839

noise on ext speaker

I get this noise too on my external amplified speaker. Very annoying. Hopefully a firmware fix!

an39511

I had similar noise coming from my BCD536HP. I found my noise was do to the SD card. I replaced the original 4GB card with a 16GB and the noise showed up. Switched back to the smaller card and the noise went away.

MAguln8839

Funny, I went from the original 4gig sandisk card to a 16gig pny card. Noise went away with new PNY card!

Status
Not open for further replies.