What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is going on with JPSO???

Status
Not open for further replies.

worm6448

red8 said:
Worm,
Was those talk groups on the JP 800 or the LATIE? I have set up a new 800 with the new frequencies for the JP.
red8

jp 800, sorry

but this morning i was monitoring the latie, and a couple of the talkgroups appeared.
ppso disp, and nopd disp. 6. so they are definitely tied into one another, might be a radio was affiliated on the latie site, so the talkgroup showed up. as i said i am not sure how the jp 800 is exaxctly connected to latie.

worm

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
worm6448 said:
...as i said i am not sure how the jp 800 is exaxctly connected to latie.
I think that all of you are trying to make something out of old sites that doesn't exist anymore. If the original poster was correct, there is no JP system (or NOPD for that matter) there is only LATIE.

The original poster pointed out that the CCh's started broadcasting the SysID 1bd, that is the LATIE system ID.

The question I have is there any CCh still broadcasting the JP System ID 7709 at 3600 bps? If not, then the system no longer is active. What about the Kenner site (used to be the Kenner system, but moved to the JP System), what is it doing?

aj

Premium Subscriber
The CCh is still broadcasting the JP System ID 7709h - 0001.
The CCh is NOT broadcasting the Kenner ID.

kevins669

Database Admin
loumaag said:
I think that all of you are trying to make something out of old sites that doesn't exist anymore. If the original poster was correct, there is no JP system (or NOPD for that matter) there is only LATIE.

The original poster pointed out that the CCh's started broadcasting the SysID 1bd, that is the LATIE system ID.

The question I have is there any CCh still broadcasting the JP System ID 7709 at 3600 bps? If not, then the system no longer is active. What about the Kenner site (used to be the Kenner system, but moved to the JP System), what is it doing?

7709 is still operating, 868.850

Kenner site was rolled into JPSO months ago, now is part of LATIE network 2

It is site 203.

I believe the Airport is 204, but I have not confirmed it yet.

Kevin

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
JP TRS is still online, patches into LATIE, City of NO is online till they fix up the issues with LATIE, and change the dispatch center, then NO's EDACS will go away. Kenner is on JP TRS, but has pending approval from FCC to get thier own new ASTRO-25 TRS that will be LATIE site.

MASTRTECH

The region 1 system failed early Sunday morning! The reason: FEMA made us build it to quickly. Thank God the other system is still up and running and protecting the users.

fireman1417

I have a 396 with LATIE programmed in already. Should I program the new JP control channels in with the LATIE system or make a whole new system for the new JP control channel. I plan on going to the parades in JP so I was going to try to have my scanner set up to go.
Thanks
Ryan

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
If I was doing it, I would put it in the LATIE system you already have. Keeps the TG programming to a single system. The disadvantage of that is that it will only do one CCh per system and may latch on to one you don't want to. This can be solved by L/O the ones you don't want it to grab.

N5PCX

JPSO Site 104

Hello all,

Been a while since I've been on the boards,but I have a couple of questions regarding the Latie system.

Why is the JPSO system operating on the site 104(LaPlace)instead of the Metairie site? I seem to also get Troop B on the Metairie site102. I'm having trouble find the cc for NOPD and or the site #. Any help is appreciated.

PS :Is the National Guard operating on the LASP coordinate channels?

Thanks
Wes

kevins669

Database Admin
N5PCX said:
Hello all,

Why is the JPSO system operating on the site 104(LaPlace)instead of the Metairie site? I seem to also get Troop B on the Metairie site102. I'm having trouble find the cc for NOPD and or the site #. Any help is appreciated.

Since this is a networked system, someone has affiliated with with a site (Laplace, Metairie, etc) and affilited to a talkgroup they want to listen to.

For instance, a trooper is in Laplace and needs to communicate with JPSO...

All of the Non - state agencies in Region 1 are on LATIE network 2.

The main site is 201, currently using 868.8500

-- Kevin

N5PCX

kevins669 said:
Since this is a networked system, someone has affiliated with with a site (Laplace, Metairie, etc) and affilited to a talkgroup they want to listen to.

For instance, a trooper is in Laplace and needs to communicate with JPSO...

All of the Non - state agencies in Region 1 are on LATIE network 2.

The main site is 201, currently using 868.8500

-- Kevin

Kevin I was't clear about my question yesterday, but I was talking about the Latie System(700 Mhz)I get Lasp on site 102 and JPSO on site 104 Laplace. Also it appears that NOPD and LASP areusing the same site.

Thanks again for any help

Wes

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
N5PCX said:
Kevin I was't clear about my question yesterday, but I was talking about the Latie System(700 Mhz)I get Lasp on site 102 and JPSO on site 104 Laplace. Also it appears that NOPD and LASP areusing the same site.

Thanks again for any help

Wes
Sorry for jumping in here, but Wes I think you miss the point. What Kevin was telling you is that if someone was up I-10 or Airline they may affiliate with 104 and hence the traffic shows up there. The point is there is no longer separate systems, they are all under LATIE in the Region 1 area (at least on the south shore of the lake). I can assure you that the same traffic you are hearing on site 104 is being carried on site 201 and some of it will appear on site 203 in your backyard.

N5PCX

loumaag said:
Sorry for jumping in here, but Wes I think you miss the point. What Kevin was telling you is that if someone was up I-10 or Airline they may affiliate with 104 and hence the traffic shows up there. The point is there is no longer separate systems, they are all under LATIE in the Region 1 area (at least on the south shore of the lake). I can assure you that the same traffic you are hearing on site 104 is being carried on site 201 and some of it will appear on site 203 in your backyard.

Kevin and Lou

THanks for the info. I guess I don't completely understand the new system, and need to play around with it more

THanks

Wes

JPSgt

Help Programming

Hey everyone!
I'm a new guy here and haven't had a new scanner since the days of crystals and banks. I just bought a new Uniden 396T and man is this stuff hard to figure out programming it. Can some one direct me to a post/website or offer me some help? I am a JP and once I get this all programmed up, I'll be glad to post some ID Tags that are not already posted. Some of the good stuff. I want to set up my radio to hear the LATIE System for the southeast Louisiana area ( N.O., JP, St. B, Plaq and Kenna,). Thanks in advance,
JPSgt.

hank1944

programming bcd396 scanner

JPSgt I'll help you with your programming, pm me or , we will figure a way to get together.it's really simple once you get past the way the manual says. hank1944

Status
Not open for further replies.