Where can I buy a BR330T...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Scannerworld has the very last shipment of them, AFAIK. I wouldn't wait long, though.

Gary

CStarr59

Thank you for the quick replies. Scanner master must be crazy or they misprinted their online add....$499...? I will give scanner world a call tomorrow morning!

garys

Premium Subscriber
I think someone said in another thread that they called and confirmed the price. For that money, I'd buy another 396T. Then again, for that money I wouldn't buy a "spare" scanner. Which is what the 330 started out as for me. Now it' s my work scanner because there's no digital in my area and I don't want to risk the 396T.

Gary

burningman_77

Yo...

Bought a BR330t about 2 years ago and still have the accesories.. Please explain the SMA and BCT antennas. I use the standar dthat comes w/ the scanner, but want to know more...

n2mdk

Antennas/Radios have many different types connectors that get used between them. The antenna connection on the BR330T is an SMA type, the antenna that comes with it has an SMA connection. That adapter that comes with the radio screws down oner the SMA and allows the radio to use antennas that have a BNC connection. The BNC is the more common type og connection used by most scanners.

pogbobo

maybe this helps, and maybe it doesnt ... sma on left, bnc on right

0.jpg

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'm not even sure I know where the SMA antenna that came with the scanner is. I generally use the RS 800Mhz antenna which gives great overall performance on 800, UHF, and VHF High.

The scanner that comes with the scanner is OK, but not great. Also, if you use the scanner mobile, you'll find that most of the mobile antennas out there now come with BNC connectors.

Including the BNC adapter was a great move by Uniden.

Gary

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
$500 WOW.. buy a 396T (same form factor) youll loose the extended freqs of the 330 but gain APCO P25 DIGITAL with the 396

I understand supply and demand but its not worth it, get a 396

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Vern said:
Yowza...
Scannermaster's site shows the `330 for $500, whew!

Scannerworld still shows them for less than half that....shipped.
http://www.scannerworld.com/content/product/model/BR330T

Wow, I didn't even notice that, they must be crazy. Had I noticed it, I probably wouldn't have posted the link. The scary thing is, people must be buying them or they wouldn't jack the price up like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.