Whistler_Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

beischel

All scanners except the Uniden SDS100 and SDS200 frequently have problems with simulcast systems. The Unication G4 and G5 pagers also are excellent with simulcast. If the file I modified did not work, it is definitely a simulcast issue. Sorry it didn't work out better for you.
Thanks for trying. I do not believe it is a simulcast issue. With the Ohio MARCs system, it has simulcast issues but you get audio sometimes and other times it will come in clear. With the NKY system - nothing at all. I contacted Whistler and someone responded. They are going to take a look at it. Frankly, I believe it is probably a firmware issue.

Ubbe

I believe they do not have the knowledge in house and have to hire an outside source to do firmware coding. They probably stack the issues they have and when the stack are high enough they contact that third party coder. Maybe it hasn't been enough issues yet to do that.

/Ubbe

digitizing

Hi @Whistler_Support ,
My TRX-1 stuck at whistler logo when powering on.
I can up/downgrade firmware without problem.
When the radio pluged in to USB, I can read/write the microsd.
I have tried several sd card but still stuck.
Is there anyway to repair it myself? I can do solder/desoldering.
I'm outside US, so I think send to whistler for repair is not possible for me.

Whistler_Support

Whistler Representative
Premium Subscriber
Hi @Whistler_Support ,
My TRX-1 stuck at whistler logo when powering on.
I can up/downgrade firmware without problem.
When the radio pluged in to USB, I can read/write the microsd.
I have tried several sd card but still stuck.
Is there anyway to repair it myself? I can do solder/desoldering.
I'm outside US, so I think send to whistler for repair is not possible for me.

Please load your configuration to EZ Scan, then archive your configuration using EZ Scan, then reformat your SD card
After formatting, use EZ Scan tool to Prepare Scanner Memory card for use
Restore your Archive to EZ Scan then copy your configuration to the Scanner Memory card.

If this does not correct your issue, you may need to replace your SD card.
We recommend SanDisk.
Repeat the steps above with the new Micro SD card

digitizing

Please load your configuration to EZ Scan, then archive your configuration using EZ Scan, then reformat your SD card
After formatting, use EZ Scan tool to Prepare Scanner Memory card for use
Restore your Archive to EZ Scan then copy your configuration to the Scanner Memory card.

If this does not correct your issue, you may need to replace your SD card.
We recommend SanDisk.
Repeat the steps above with the new Micro SD card
I have done this, but still stuck on whitler logo.
And sometimes after waited long time maybe 30 minutes,
it was running but when there was a signal, it show error "DSP not ready! Power-cycle the radio".
What caused the error ?
dsp not ready.jpeg

CycleSycho

I still feel the issue is a corrupt Micro SD card
Have you replaced your Micro SD card with a 4GB or 8GB Sandisk brand card?

Yes I have tried sandisk brand and still stuck on whistler logo.
The SD card also work in another whistler scanner.

:) Have you inspected the microSD card socket in the radio? Might be dirt or debris on one or more contacts? I have found Whistler Support advice on many prior issues very sound and on the mark. Give it a check with a good magnifying glass, lamp, and if contaminated use cleaner of a type for electronics able to be used in the tight space. :)

Whistler_Support

Whistler Representative
Premium Subscriber
If a different Sandisk Micro SD card has the same results and if you do not find contaminates in the SD card socket, it would seem your unit will need to be returned for repair. I realize you are outside of the USA however postal service (generally reliable but very slow) is your least costly option for shipping.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I agree sounds like a corrupt or not compatible micro sd card.....If the PROGRAMMED card works good in another trx-1...does that other trx-1 card work good in your scanner?
If not try reinstalling the cpu firmware via the standalone installer on whistlers website.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Whistler Support--Can you advise when the TRX-1 will be back in stock--or even a "guesstimate"?
Please advise and thanks!
jimg

Whistler_Support

Whistler Representative
Premium Subscriber
Whistler Support--Can you advise when the TRX-1 will be back in stock--or even a "guesstimate"?
Please advise and thanks!
jimg

We are receiving products regularly and have increased production however current demand continues to exceed production capacity causing several items to be in back order status. They are shipped continually within days of being received. We are doing our best to shrink the back orders and hold inventory.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
We are receiving products regularly and have increased production however current demand continues to exceed production capacity causing several items to be in back order status. They are shipped continually within days of being received. We are doing our best to shrink the back orders and hold inventory.
Thanks for the reply. As I posted in another thread, I decided today to order the refurbished TRX-1 from Whistler. Brian in customer service, who has been very helpful, said they were "like new" and were not "scratch and dent".
jimg

szron

Hi, I'm having an issue with gibberish on the screen of my 1098, please see the thread.

vdcceo

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone else having an issue with EZSCAN updating the database, mine say the file is not there..

Attachments

• RR001.jpg
    RR001.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.