WS1040 Conventional Question

DrUnKeN_TiGeR

Premium Subscriber
So i have a Regular scanner that scans my local fire department frequency and it picks up a lot more than my whistler does. Are there any changes in can make I the programming of the whistler to make it pick up better? Such as squelch type or anything else? The current squelch is set on DCS. Thanks for the help.

SuperG900

KI5LQF
Premium Subscriber
Well, the fact that you got squelch set to DCS might have a lot to do with it. Try setting squelch type to 'carrier'.

DrUnKeN_TiGeR

Premium Subscriber
thanks i will try that, i imported from rr so i just went with what it defaulted too.... so upon trying that. i have DCS, CTCSS, P25, search and none

DJ11DLN

Premium Subscriber
Check that the attenuator is off and that you do not have a priority set anywhere. Both of those will screw with your reception.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
So i have a Regular scanner that scans my local fire department frequency and it picks up a lot more than my whistler does. Are there any changes in can make I the programming of the whistler to make it pick up better? Such as squelch type or anything else? The current squelch is set on DCS. Thanks for the help.
What is the other scanner? Is it programmed with more frequencies and/or talkgroups?

DrUnKeN_TiGeR

Premium Subscriber
Trunk system, another Scanlist.
its not an issue where it doesnt scan to the frequency it hits the frequency transmits for a few seconds you start to hear the transmission then gets staticy then stops