WyoLink updates

wyomingmedic

No, while the conventional repeaters will not be used as often, they will both stay on the air indefinitely.

The SO is having some coverage issues and will continue to use their conventional repeater while in those areas.

WM

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Thats what I figured. I'll leave those as is for now.

WyoWabbit

Gillette PCE

Hey GrilledCheese, the Gillette Portable Coverage Enhancement Site has come active a few days ago. Control is 154.2725 site 235 - Tom

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Two sites added to the DB today. If anyone is able to grab the proper site ID for "Hell Hole" in Idaho that would be great. I have it listed as "999" for the moment.

WyoWabbit

Hell Hole is SITE 128 - RFSS 1 (1) Site 028 (1C) as already listed. Also, Pinkham Mountain is listed as site RFSS 1 (1) Site 103 (67), it should be RFSS 1 (1) Site 003 (3). Thanks - Tom

Last edited:

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Fixed. My oops on that. I didn't see Hell Hole in there to start with.

For all those who are curious, the DB for trunked sites looks for the following information:

Site number (in HEX or DEC)
Site RFSS (in HEX or DEC)
NAC
Site Name
Lat/Long (In DEC ie: 40.123345 vs 41.25.542N)
Site Freq's (please specify known control and alternate control channels)
Site License(s)
Site Neighbors
Site Location
Modulation (CQPSK for WyoLink)

Granted not everyone may be able to produce all the info, but the more that are available the better.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Reguarding Hell Hole, there is a second license and possible second site assoicated with it. WQQD584 which is the new Pickering Mountain also shows Hell Hole with that same license (FCC data shows the same) and a different freq set in the 17x.xxx range.

Can anyone confirm if both the 150's and 170's are in use or if the state changed the freq's? I can't imagine that much traffic loading at that site but you never know..or was just an oops in the DB from years past.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Is this based off of FCC data or personal observation?

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Any comments on changing the DB entry for WyoLink from "WyoLink: Statewide Interoperability Matrix" to just "WyoLink"?

The "WyoLink: Statewide Interoperability Matrix" seems to be a carryover when the system was going online and just took the title from a template building sheet (hence matrix) as the system name has always been "WyoLink". This might help those using DB aware scanners from all that extra display space being taken up by extra information.

Thoughts? Comments?

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Any comments on changing the DB entry for WyoLink from "WyoLink: Statewide Interoperability Matrix" to just "WyoLink"?

The "WyoLink: Statewide Interoperability Matrix" seems to be a carryover when the system was going online and just took the title from a template building sheet (hence matrix) as the system name has always been "WyoLink". This might help those using DB aware scanners from all that extra display space being taken up by extra information.

Thoughts? Comments?

Sounds reasonable to me! The long name is redundant anyway.

W7LES

2 sites added this past week

The Douglas LL site - Douglas Yellowstone aka DoYe - and the Rawlins LL site - Rawlins Hill aka RaHi - went active this last week. Don't have the site numbers or CC freqs handy at the moment, but they should show up in the neighbor lists of nearby towers.

Larry

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I believe I have them in the DB now, if you want to check them and see if they look correct.

kb7kfc

Premium Subscriber
Sheridan area

I was up in Sheridan a few weeks ago i took my Uniden BC396XT i programed in BANNER RIDGE and
SHERIDAN KROE LANE tower sites and set the radio in search mode here is what i got hits on.
13007 Mutual Aid OPS C
13307 Sheridan Sheriff Office
13309 This is a new talk group i think. The traffic was Fair Grounds traffic as the WYO Rodeo was going on
Im thinking this might be with the County road Maint as they run the fair grounds the last i heard.
13311 Sheridan Police
19883 Highway Patrol Troop LQ Dispatch 1
19900 SALECS 1

I didnt have time to watch the talk groups during the day most of my listening was at night. I didnt hear any
Highway Maint groups pop up.

John

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Added 13309 as county fairgrounds for now.

W7LES

Switching to Uniden

OK, it looks like GRE is history (dang it) so we're moving to Unidens now. The box in my office has 5 new 996's in it, so I'm going to have to learn a third scanner programming "language" after RS PRO96 and GRE PSR500/600.

Question: what software goes best with the 996's? Any chance that one of the 996 s/w can read the codeplugs used by the GRE's (highly unlikely, but asking for the heck of it ...)? Programming hints, tips, gotchas to watch out for?

Thanx in advance,

Larry