Wyoming ham-fest & scan wyoming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIGHTNING-LEO

The Wyoming Ham fest will be held this year in CASPER on Memorial day weekend. As well as the State Hamfest...this year will also be the ROCKY MOUNTAIN division convention. This means there will be Amateur Radio/ electronics / Scanner enthusiasts from Colorado, New Mexico, Utah as well as Wyoming. Rumor is that YAESU/VERTEX ICOM AND MAYBE KENWOOD WILL HAVE REPS THERE as well as some ham dealerships. Maybe other stuff ......who knows.

I am wondering if anyone would be interested in a formal or informal gathering at this event. Hamfest officials are always looking for someone to give an introductory speek on different things going on in the radio world.

I personally am looking for someone to school me in regards to WYOLINK and how to go about programming scanners for WYOLINK.

Lightning Leo

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
Wyoming Hamfest/Rocky Mountain Division/ARRL

Greetings Leo,
Last year when the Rocky Mountain Division Hamfest was in Estes Park, CO. Yaesu and Icom both had booths with all their radios on display, they answered any and all questions, had plenty of radio brochures, hats, etc. some of these same rigs were used at the special event stations that was ongoing with this event, I remember seeing a few of the Icom IC-7600 HF rigs.
A great place to check out some of these rigs, spin the dials, twist the knobs, etc. Some of these new rigs are very large, you just don't get that perspective from a picture in QST.
A few other vendors were on hand to display and answer questions on their merchandise, Flexradio and Perseus, and HRO from Denver.
Also lots of seminars on all aspects of the amateur hobby.
73, Rex

Yes now in NE Colorado, not Montana.

Status
Not open for further replies.