XBOX 360 Sentinel Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanningisfun

can you go to the uniden site on an xbox 360 and download the sentinel software or other scanner software?

1) There is no internet browser on the Xbox 360.

2) Why would you want scanner software on a Xbox?

3) Most/All scanner software uses Windows.

Jacob

Radioman_911

911 Dispatch & Ham Radio guy!
Premium Subscriber
ummmmmmm.... im very confused on why u would want this or even think its possible on a gaming console...

creators4

Premium Subscriber
What are you going to do if you could ? play your scanner in place of music ? While playing a video game.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
What are you going to do if you could ? play your scanner in place of music ? While playing a video game.

Well nothing, because you can! Just turn up your scanner and turn down the volume on your puter! :lol:

n9zas

XTS3000

can you go to the uniden site on an xbox 360 and download the sentinel software or other scanner software?

Yes you can! Many of the the replies are simply wrong and rude.

If your 360 is j-tagged and your running xell, you can load a web browser on the 360 and download files and transfer them via ethernet to any computer on your network.

If your dashboard is current and up to date, Microsoft blew additional nand gates, preventing the j-tag hack from working.

Even with the ability to j-tag gone with the latest dashboard update, there is still the “Reset Glitch Hack” (it uses a pulse of electricity to disrupt communication with a specific chip on the 360 motherboard during the authentication process thus opening the door for unsigned code and a boot loader). The reset glitch also allows running of 3rd party software such as web browser, FTP, Windows XP, etc on the xbox360.

So there are a few ways to get a web browser and many other software on the 360 and download software. If your running XP on your xbox360, then the uniden software *may* actually work. I've never tried running the Sentinal Software on my 360, so I can't comment if it will work.

So, YES, the OP can use a 360 to download uniden software, transfer it to another computer and run it. Wasn't that what OP asked??

Last edited:

scanningisfun

Yes you can! Many of the the replies are simply wrong and rude.

If your 360 is j-tagged and your running xell, you can load a web browser on the 360 and download files and transfer them via ethernet to any computer on your network.

If your dashboard is current and up to date, Microsoft blew additional nand gates, preventing the j-tag hack from working.

Even with the ability to j-tag gone with the latest dashboard update, there is still the “Reset Glitch Hack” (it uses a pulse of electricity to disrupt communication with a specific chip on the 360 motherboard during the authentication process thus opening the door for unsigned code and a boot loader). The reset glitch also allows running of 3rd party software such as web browser, FTP, Windows XP, etc on the xbox360.

So there are a few ways to get a web browser and many other software on the 360 and download software. If your running XP on your xbox360, then the uniden software *may* actually work. I've never tried running the Sentinal Software on my 360, so I can't comment if it will work.

So, YES, the OP can use a 360 to download uniden software, transfer it to another computer and run it. Wasn't that what OP asked??

He's not going to attempt to jtag an xbox to download sentinel software.

Jacob

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Jvandyke13 said:
ummmmmmm.... im very confused on why u would want this or even think its possible on a gaming console...

Because it is, basically, a PC in a limited use box.

thefallguy

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
shame on you hackers hope you go to jail i will report you to xbox live

He's not going to attempt to jtag an xbox to download sentinel software.

Jacob
shame on you hackers hope you go to jail i will report you to xbox live at once

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
shame on you hackers hope you go to jail i will report you to xbox live at once

Please don't bump a several month old thread just to try to instigate discord with
other site members.
Thanks.
Gonna close this up.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.