• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTL-5000 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Hey y’all,

Got a quick question that’s boggling my mind. I have an XTL-5000 and every time I power it on manually the screen displays a readout saying “PWROFF NODELAY” for a second and then boots up normally. I’ve tried googling and have gotten nowhere. Can someone tell me what “PWROFF NODELAY” means cuz this is a new one for me in years of programming radios & scanners... Thanks!

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
No, does it still need one even tho I'm not using the IGN? I turn it on and off manually with the push-button. My setup didn't come with an IGN Sense wire.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
No, does it still need one even tho I'm not using the IGN? I turn it on and off manually with the push-button. My setup didn't come with an IGN Sense wire.

XTLs can get away without ignition (though none of the 5000’s I have setup do that) but they have to have the emergency pin jumped to ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
XTLs can get away without ignition (though none of the 5000’s I have setup do that) but they have to have the emergency pin jumped to ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm maybe I'll try that.

N4KVE

My base XTL’s don’t have the ign wire, but the ign setting in the CPS is programmed that it doesn’t need the 12 volt ign wire. But the plug still needs to be plugged in for the speaker, & jumper, so the radio will work. However in my car, the XTL’s have the ign wire connected to key hot, & the CPS is set to look for the 12 volts when I start the car. So no matter what, the acc plug must be attached to the back of the radio.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm, well mine didn't come with the Ign Wire/Ign Sense wire, so I'll either have to buy one or somehow make one.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
What I’m really curious about tho is, does anyone know what it means? What does Power Off No Delay mean? I’ve never seen or heard of that in all my years of CPS or radios...

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
Take a look in your codeplug at Radio Wide > Advanced II tab, under Power Off Keypress Duration (ms), you probably have a number plugged in there. PWROFF NODELAY means the Control Head does not support this feature. Set the value to zero and the message will not appear.

See the CPS help file for more information (there isn't much more information): Power Off Keypress Duration.

I don't know what CHs are capable. My 2 O5 heads are not.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Take a look in your codeplug at Radio Wide > Advanced II tab, under Power Off Keypress Duration (ms), you probably have a number plugged in there. PWROFF NODELAY means the Control Head does not support this feature. Set the value to zero and the message will not appear.

See the CPS help file for more information (there isn't much more information): Power Off Keypress Duration.

That’s exactly what I have is an O5 Control Head, LOL. And I thought I knew CPS in-and-out. I just changed the value and I’ll go out and plug it in in a minute. Thanks for your help!

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber

Thank you, that solved the problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.