• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS 2000 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
Need help with channel announcement on 2500. I found where to check the box but all I get is the eye glasses icon..... Is there something that needs to be enabled?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
Did you try reading the help file for the Channel Announcement under Radio Wide?

The answer you seek is there.

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
Also. i was told the 2500 will do 2 lines of text

I cant find where to do that at in the CPS.....

Like this

Attachments

• 8711309867_9fe5b0afd4_h.jpg
    8711309867_9fe5b0afd4_h.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,186

SCPD

QRT
More than 2. It does one line for zone/channel, one line for radio alias, and two lines for menu/navigation/configuration functions.

You can take the little sticker off now. It's okay, you're not gonna break it.

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
More than 2. It does one line for zone/channel, one line for radio alias, and two lines for menu/navigation/configuration functions.

You can take the little sticker off now. It's okay, you're not gonna break it.

LOL. Its not my picture..

Mine just has the zone name, and channel name all on the same line.

ex: DC FIRE RPTR

Need it: Z1
DC FIRE RPTR

Cant find out how to get it how I "need it".

SCPD

QRT
It won't do that. Zone/channel can be displayed on one line only.

Review Text Configuration under Radio Wide/Display & Menu and Zone text under Zone/Channel Assignment.

SCPD

QRT
What is it that you think he "did"? Tough to tell with that pinche sombrero in the way.

Again,

1: zone/channel
2: radio alias (radio caller ID if enabled displays here, trunking ID, MDC etc.)
3: menu/config
4: menu/config

No tricks.

dixie729

Premium Subscriber
If I knew, I wouldn't have asked.
Mine will not layout in the format the way the picture is laid out.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
I didn't know that was possible. At first I thought the clock display was off, but that is there too.

How did you get the zone on a separate line?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
I didn't know that was possible. At first I thought the clock display was off, but that is there too.

How did you get the zone on a separate line?

How do you figure that's the zone on the separate line? I assume you're referring to "STARSITSE OPS"

Again, Again,

1: zone/channel
2: radio alias (radio caller ID if enabled displays here, trunking ID, MDC etc.)
3: menu/config
4: menu/config

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
I saw post 7, but I also saw the picture, which may be photoshopped, and I saw the post where he said he found it.

Looking at my display, it does look like there is an unused line, so from that standpoint, it seems possible.

Hopefully, the op will return and explain.

SCPD

QRT
I saw post 7, but I also saw the picture, which may be photoshopped, and I saw the post where he said he found it.

Looking at my display, it does look like there is an unused line, so from that standpoint, it seems possible.

Hopefully, the op will return and explain.

zc1.jpg

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the picture, but I didn't need that. I have that already.

That is how mine is currently configured. What the op showed was the Z1 on the line above the channel name.

I also looked through all the settings and concluded it couldn't be done, but then I saw the picture and his post saying he found it.

How do you explain the picture? Do you think it is doctored? I agree that it is possible.

SCPD

QRT
What the op showed was the Z1 on the line above the channel name.

I don't know how else to say this. No it does not. It simply is not possible to do what you're describing.

It has:

Clock
icon row (scan, batt, etc)

Line 1: zone/channel: Z1 *SOMBRERO*
Line 2: radio alias: . . . STARSITE OPS
Line 3: menu item: . . .. . . . FPP
Line 4: menu items: . .ZONE .. . .. CHAN

I'm guessing that the damn sombrero is there to cover up the channel name for anonymity purposes...whatever, doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.