• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS3000 800MHZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksroberson

I have a XTS3000 800Mhz type 3 and I cannot listen to digital radio traffic without having to hold down the monitor button, because I cant change the trunking system options. I put the control channels on the conventional personalities and put it on mixed recieved mode, but all it does is blink red and to be able hear anything I have to hold down the monitor button, and I cannot scan either because there is nothing it picks up. PLEASE HELP!!! I would also like to be able to put in a trunked system but It wont let me change anything on the information of the trunked system.

go to P25 Forms people their will give you the help you need its not a easy task you MUST know what your doing and need a System Key to add a trunking System to a Radio.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
go to P25 Forums and read, read and then read some more. people their will give you the help you need its not a easy task you MUST know what your doing and need a System Key to add a trunking System to a Radio.

I modified this suggestion a little...

thanks Kevin READ is the #1 Key in trying the NON-AFFILIATION TYPE SCANNING it does work GREAT but lot's of thing's to know and do to a radio.

marksroberson

Well, I did it all looked everywhere, read, got a system key, programmed it all in, and now on the trunking system it says OUT OF RANGE and hear nothing, keep in mind I am hearing the same frequencies on conventional, how do you think I fix the OUT OF RANGE problem?

P.S. Thanks for all the help so far!

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Your radio is trying to affiliate to the trunked radio system and is unable to. In other words, your radio is automatically transmitting to the tower as it's supposed to if you select a system talkgroup. If you don't have permission to use that system, what just came out of your radio was in violation of the law and could have interfered with operation of the system itself.

The basic point here, which WAS designed to save your skin, is:

read BEFORE you program. And ensure you fully understand non-affiliation scanning BEFORE you program it in. If you're getting OUT OF RANGE, it's because you've selected a talkgroup on your radio. If you're selecting a talkgroup, you haven't done it right. READ. more. BEFORE you turn that radio back on. And UNDERSTAND, most of all, before you proceed and program something.

And as a safeguard, enable TX INHIBIT for the whole radio so it makes no emissions whatsoever. That way you are much less likely to do something like that again.

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
"Illegal this", "inhibit that"....

Here's a suggestion OP, run unitrunker or pro96com on that system for a month straight. Log every single radio ID on it, then set your radio ID to one in the range that isn't being used, that way, if it does accidentally affiliate, it wont be bricked and most importantly it wont mess up somebodies legit radio.

If it's smartnet, then just TX inhibit.
If its smartzone/omnilink then you still need to TX inhibit but it's not gonna work like you want it.
If it's a full P25 system then good luck that radio will be bricked by the end of the week. Ill buy it from you after the fact for $80 though.

tl;dr buy a scanner.....

phillydjdan

So you're suggesting he clone a legit radio's ID number and put that legit radio holder's safety in jeopardy??? How about he turns TX inhibit and goes back to reading the instructions before someone gets hurt...

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
So you're suggesting he clone a legit radio's ID number and put that legit radio holder's safety in jeopardy??? How about he turns TX inhibit and goes back to reading the instructions before someone gets hurt...

If you read what I said I said to make sure he logs all the legit ones so that he avoids using them by making sure to pick a number that isn't being used.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I'm not sure if that was meant as a joke or not but a non-valid RID popping up on a system just screams "inhibit me".

I think he needs to turn the radio off and start reading again.

never a good idea to use a RADIO ID if he pick's one the other radio will be screwed when he changes the channels NON_AFFILIATION is the BEST way no radio ID'S needed.

phillydjdan

If you read what I said I said to make sure he logs all the legit ones so that he avoids using them by making sure to pick a number that isn't being used.

Right... So when his invalid ID gets his radio turned into a brick, are you going to pay for a new radio?

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
Right... So when his invalid ID gets his radio turned into a brick, are you going to pay for a new radio?

Wont be bricked, most smartzone/net systems just check to see if radios are in the valid ranges of id's but that's besides the point because I said to have it there just in case it ACCEDENTALLY affiliates. Anyway, OP you can also set your radio TX tuning values to ZERO so it cannot transmit even if it wanted to.

marksroberson

Ok, after a long day of trying to program it, I finally did it!!! I'm not that sure how but, ANYWAY! I put in a local tower site that was not the simulcast tower ( so i put in Wenonah in the Jefferson County Public Services 800Mhz system Jefferson county, AL) just as close as the simulcast tower, only not as many control channels. And put in my trunking personality talk groups and after CPS finished writing it I started hearing the TGID's I programmed, (now I wish I could just import HEX id's from radio refrence) but it works! Thanks everyone for putting up with my illiteracy with 800Mhz trunking. And in the process, found out that Jefferson County Public services 800mhz also re-transmits on 700mhz. I guess that will be my next post! Thanks everyone! P.S. no more out of range! All on trunking now! (And if you WERE wondering NO I can not transmit!

Status
Not open for further replies.