Yukon Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILMRadioMan

So this is a Yukon we did. It was mostly done from my coworker, but I gave my help in wiring the power.

It is a full dash mount MCS2000, not a remote mount.

He had to cut away behind there where the tray is usually at.

He did the cutting and fitting. He does this all the time, and (sucking in my ego) he is better at fabbing and fitting than I am by far.

Zoomed in on the Siren box and radio
BrettSheriffYukonNov132008Pic5.jpg

Zoomed out. Siren box, radio, 3 12v accessory plugs, and an inverter.
BrettSheriffYukonNov132008Pic1.jpg

Left Side
BrettSheriffYukonNov132008Pic2.jpg

Right Side
BrettSheriffYukonNov132008Pi32.jpg

Accessory and Inverter
BrettSheriffYukonNov132008Pic4.jpg

1/4 wave 800MHz on a roof NMO mount. Ran down front support.

Standard power run behind the glove compartment, through the firewall. 1/2 inch hole.

Last edited:

ILMRadioMan

Eh these arent the finished pictures. The box is sealed in with silicone, and behind that plastic cover its screwed in and mounted properly.

Other than that, what else is the problem?

durango5550

Booger D.
Im sure the siren and light police will hit this thread soon :roll:

The install looks good reguardless!

good work
Dan

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
How is the lighting controlled. Im assuming if there is a siren there are some lights too?

ILMRadioMan

Yep.

There is a visor light, wig wags, corner strobes and some other window lights.

The strobe box has its own relay, and the rest of the lights go through another relay. Both relays are controlled by one switch (at the request of the driver).

Everything is fused at the battery.

Its not in view of the pics obviously, but it isnt anything special.

RodStrong

I sure like it. I bet the user likes it too. Not the easiest putting a dash mount radio and for that matter siren box in there either.

ILMRadioMan

CBoy,

Yea, if its heat that everyone is worried about....I wouldnt be.

If for nothing else, there is better ventilation there, then there would be in a console for that yukon.

Its all cut away behind it, and air flows back there pretty well.

So if heat is the only thing that worries people, then I would be a happy man, because I know that wont be a problem.

crazyboy

CBoy,

Yea, if its heat that everyone is worried about....I wouldnt be.

If for nothing else, there is better ventilation there, then there would be in a console for that yukon.

Its all cut away behind it, and air flows back there pretty well.

So if heat is the only thing that worries people, then I would be a happy man, because I know that wont be a problem.

Sounds good. You're the only one there to see what the ventilation is like. The MCS looks stock!

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Yeah, I really meant to say that the MCS looks like it is a perfect fit, just that the siren box is put in there it just doesn't compare to the MCS. Otherwise, no problem!

BTW - if the SAPS (Self Appointed Police/Sheriffs) show up, I'll just toss them another badge!

Matt93

Nice install, but i'm not sure if the siren in your car is legal. Usally there are legal on emergency service vehicles.Lets see some pics of the outside of the car.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Nice install, but i'm not sure if the siren in your car is legal. Usally there are legal on emergency service vehicles.Lets see some pics of the outside of the car.

I will vouch for ILMRadioMan...he is 200% legit and he is showing off install
work done for an LEO...so all of the whacker police need to look elsewhere cause nothing to see here but a good dang install...
Great work Brother ILM!
Marshall KE4ZNR

shaft

The MCS install looks really good and squared up. The siren box Im sure looks better in person, the reflection from the flash of the camera shows what might be imperfections (unfortuante part of flash photography) that probably arent noticable in person.

You should probably leave the legal stuff for the folks that know and understand it. You are mistaken on your assumptions...

Status
Not open for further replies.