Global Filter Modes

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8LHG

Folks, I'm going to stir the pot some here. When trying to find info on the global filter modes, I really can't find any details as to what each setting is doing. Most of what I find is "use what works the best". While I can surly guess and use my imaginations "best guess", it would be nice to see or understand whats going on at a detailed level. Maybe a spectrum view of what the filter settings do? I'm really not interested in backwards engineering the technology, I just want to better understand this amazing little box. Perhaps sensitivity, selectivity, IFX setting impact, filter impact info, etc. Anyone have anything they can share that isn't general speculation?

N8LHG

The competition can get one tear it apart and see what it makes it tick. I work for a refrigerator mfg for 34 years they would go out and buy the competition and tear them apart to see how they tick.
Right. I see it a different way. I've spent around a grand in software and hardware for this unit, which I have no regrets so far. But I'm a retired engineer who has been a ham since the 70s, and not fully understanding whats going on under the hood is frustrating. It seems to be a simple answer. What is the sensitivity of the receiver? What is the selectivity of the receiver? What does the IFX actually do to the signals received? What are the assorted filter settings doing to the received signals? None of those questions are breaching any secret electronic design functions. They are really simply RF theory directly associated with the unit. Not sure how a spectrum analyzer view of what some of these filters are doing breaches secrets, or some kind of intelegent discription of the filter functions, would make Uniden so gun shy. If anything, I would think they would be proud of it.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
OK great.

Let's see how long until someone does that and posts the results. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

It's September 1st, 2021
To be fair, who is the competition these days? It seems like nobody, so until someone enters the market with a compatible unit, I don't think anyone cares to. That said, I don't believe Uniden is holding back for competitive reasons.

N8LHG

You have links here that explains how it works and the bandscope program from Steve Holloways Facebook page shows and proves how it actually works.

SDS filters
SDS filters
SDS filters
Facebook Steve Holloway

/Ubbe
I'll take a look at that stuff. I don't care for social media sites, so I don't frequent, or even have a facebook account. But I digressed. I guess in the long run, it really doesn't matter, but its like buying a sports car and the manufacture refuses to tell you how much horse power and toque the car has. I guess if you want to find out, you have to put it on a dynamometer yourself.

The simple fact is, geezzz I love this radio, and just want to know more about it. It shouldn't be seen as suspicious or some kind of possible crime to want to know. I apologize for implying anything other than an innocent interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.