2024 Nascar

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Wonder if there is a way to convert these to .hpe for the Sentinel Software.
There are no short cuts, best option is copy and paste or use a program that allows you to export to CSV format.

On a side note, anyone figured out how to extract the signal RE puts off at the track? Would love to have an easy way to get them for my BCD436HP and my SDS100.

Once someone figures it out (though technically it is theft of service) it wouldn't be an easy process, as you would need a laptop, SDR dongle and software to decode the signal, then you'd need to decode the signal and convert to CSV format, then change to a format your scanner or software would allow you to import.

Oh yeah, and you'd need to be close enough to receive the signal, the track parking lot would probably be too far away, so you have to take all this gear through security and lug it around all day.

JCar24

Premium Subscriber
Wonder if there is a way to convert these to .hpe for the Sentinel Software.

On a side note, anyone figured out how to extract the signal RE puts off at the track? Would love to have an easy way to get them for my BCD436HP and my SDS100.
Here are some sentinel files I set up last year. I set them up with number tags. To use, push "channel" to hold on any channel. Then hit .. as in dot dot, then the car number. Then hit " channel" again to go to the car number. An added bonus to using this is the ability to the hit "dept" to scan all frequencies associated to that car. I tested this setup at Richmond from the camper grounds. It seemed to work pretty well. Hope this can help.

Attachments

• nascar hpes.zip
    7 KB · Views: 3

evilbrad

My head makes a bad antenna
Premium Subscriber
I have a video of the ota signal received on 460.00O. I don't recall a single event were I couldn't find OTA in parking lot. Now the fan vision/kangaroo wasn't well

Last edited:

evilbrad

Premium Subscriber
Milw Mile Truck qualifying day. 8-24

1625 (155)
2375 (162)
4875 (311)

JCar24

Premium Subscriber
Latest bc125at file updated with the latest racing radio frequencies
Banks 1-4 CUP
Banks 5-8 XFINITY
Banks 9,10 TRUCKS RE style ( turning dial to find backups)

Attachments

• 24Nascar.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 11

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Latest bc125at file updated with the latest racing radio frequencies
Banks 1-4 CUP
Banks 5-8 XFINITY
Banks 9,10 TRUCKS RE style ( turning dial to find backups)

Attending my first race Oct 12th in Charlotte, NASCAR Xfinity, thanks for this list. Should I take my computer and SDR, in case changes to programming is needed? Any other suggestions you can make for my first race?

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Pretty much the stuff posted is accurate for race teams. The only ones that may change are a few truck teams that bounce thru drivers but normally solid. Cup and Xfinity is solid list. CMS security and local comms are in the wiki already and are mostly accurate. I really only listen to security for storm stuff. It will be a good weekend. I rarely monitor the viper stuff but its active on race days.

Definately want a headset and not jsut earbuds or something. I run dual radios but wife likes the plain old standard behind head set. That way she can wear her hat.

JCar24

Premium Subscriber
For the bc125at , I would recommend getting an inline amplifier for your headset(s). The boostaroo https://www.amazon.com/Upbeat-Audio...1&psc=1&mcid=4f7f411e8bc63a17841a28d1e451266c or the amplifier from Racing Electronics are good choices.
You can search from 450.00 thru 455.00 on your scanner for the active tv frequency.
Have a good race, and let us know how the file worked out.
Jack
Attending my first race Oct 12th in Charlotte, NASCAR Xfinity, thanks for this list. Should I take my computer and SDR, in case changes to programming is needed? Any other suggestions you can make for my first race?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Definately want a headset and not jsut earbuds or something. I run dual radios but wife likes the plain old standard behind head set. That way she can wear her hat.
For the bc125at , I would recommend getting an inline amplifier for your headset(s).

This is the headset I will be using, worked great earlier this year at Cherry Point Airshow with the loud fighter jets. For now I'll pass on the inline amp since I really don't plan on going to any other races right now, if things change I might reconsider.

Thanks to you both for your suggestions and input.

11.JPG

evilbrad

Premium Subscriber
This is the headset I will be using, worked great earlier this year at Cherry Point Airshow with the loud fighter jets. For now I'll pass on the inline amp since I really don't plan on going to any other races right now, if things change I might reconsider.

Thanks to you both for your suggestions and input.

View attachment 170334
I believe those are koss made? Work pretty well. I have a insane amount of those type Koss/other similar..I have Accumulated them while buying other radios, That had them included

Last edited:

JCar24

Premium Subscriber
RaleighGuy passed along frequency sheets for Cup and Xfinity from Roval24.
Attached are the changes to my master list for Cup.
I'll get to the Xfinity list in a day or two.
Thanks again to RaleighGuy.

Attachments

• Roval24Cup.zip
    55.1 KB · Views: 9