325P2 nonUniden Programming Cable Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
I recently bought a used 325P2. The cable supplied with my radio is not the Uniden one but its working fine on my Windows 10 laptop. I use Freescan to program the radio and it does a great job.
However, I have a desktop that I also use for radio work. Its a Windows 7 OS. It does not recognize the USB cable I have for programming. It will power the radio, but not communicate with it.
The Windows 7 PC tries to look for drivers for "BCD996" and of course never finds one. I know this must be a Windows 7 Issue because I can use the cable on my Windows 10 laptop.
Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this on my Windows 7 machine? I assume its some sort of Windows 7 Driver patch but I can't find anything on it. I am not real PC litereate though. Thanks in advance

compuscan

The link on that page for the BCD325P2 driver is the same as I posted above, which is currently down because of Uniden's server outage during a move.

Yes, I think we posted a reply within minutes of each other and not seeing your reply till after I posted. Also I think the link I gave while having the same link to the driver, explains it a little better with photos. I'm not sure if Uniden has the detailed photos the other site has because like you say, it's down right now.

voyger522

I recently bought a used 325P2. The cable supplied with my radio is not the Uniden one but its working fine on my Windows 10 laptop. I use Freescan to program the radio and it does a great job.
However, I have a desktop that I also use for radio work. Its a Windows 7 OS. It does not recognize the USB cable I have for programming. It will power the radio, but not communicate with it.
The Windows 7 PC tries to look for drivers for "BCD996" and of course never finds one. I know this must be a Windows 7 Issue because I can use the cable on my Windows 10 laptop.
Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this on my Windows 7 machine? I assume its some sort of Windows 7 Driver patch but I can't find anything on it. I am not real PC litereate though. Thanks in advance

voyger522

I had the exact same problem.been working on it for 3days. I downloaded ACT-XT programing software. worked great.found the link on here some were.

Status
Not open for further replies.