AMATEUR RADIO --WHY GET A LICENSE (Seriously):

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, you’re saying that in Oklahoma if someone has been convicted of a felony at some point in their past, it’s illegal for them to own a scanner? I think maybe you’re confusing that concept with being illegal to use a scanner in the commission of a crime (an extra charge to toss on the pile).

Yeah, he's wrong.

It shall be unlawful for any person to operate a mobile radio capable of receiving transmissions made by any law enforcement agency for illegal purposes or while in the commission of a crime and not otherwise and any person violating the provisions hereof shall be guilty of a felony upon conviction thereof shall be punished by imprisonment in the State Penitentiary for not more than three (3) years, or fined by not more than Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00), or by both such imprisonment and fine.

KOK5CY

It's the state law it's in the book. My information comes from very legit LE with 23 years of experience in LE .

Last edited:

Firekite

It's the state law it's in the book. My information comes from very legit LE with 23 years of experience in LE .
Your informant is wrong. LEOs aren’t lawyers and don’t study law, they just go with their training or the word-of-mouth rumors and wives tales that spread around the force. Someone who didn’t know what they’re talking about fed your buddy some BS, or he got it confused in his memory.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Folks, if you want to talk about scanner laws, perhaps you should start a new thread.

Firekite

Folks, if you want to talk about scanner laws, perhaps you should start a new thread.
It’s specifically within the discussion of why to get licensed, as a handful of states restrict usage of scanners to hams.

Status
Not open for further replies.