ARC536PRO Waterfall for SDS100/200

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Waterfall is now available in ARC536PRO for the SDS100/SDS200/SDS100E/SDS200E models:
1706702095636.png

We added the following extra features:

- 15 minute waterfall display with time marker and scroll bar
- waterfall save option
- directly enter and set center frequency
- 'mouse tune' marker frequency
- frequency mousepointer in spectrum and waterfall
- click and tune, double click spectrum to set a new center frequency
- Adjustable reference and software gain
- Smooth option
- Adjustable noise filter

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Hi Gommert,

Should we be prompted to install an update when running ARC536 Pro or is there another means of updating. At the moment I'm not getting the pop-up to install an updated version, nor can I force it by using the Check for Updates option in the menu.

Thanks for your efforts!

KC1UA

Database Admin
It's working now. Nice start, a few nits. I'm seeing very sluggish performance, slow and jittery scrolling of the waterfall. On the FFT when clicking on a signal it is always tuned to center. Is there a way to keep the span static when clicking to tune?

I may not have enough coffee in my system yet to overcome the above so maybe I'm missing something. To be honest I have not used ARC536Pro much. Is there an option to connect via LAN? There doesn't appear to be.

KC1UA

Database Admin
Okay on both. The click and tune is definitely a great feature that I would not disable. Again thanks; looking forward to seeing things develop with the waterfall from all angles.

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
Ever since the new update, I am unable to get ARC536 to download onto a Windows 11 laptop. I currently have version 2.4 Build 3, and have had no issues. When I click on the "setup" for the updated version of 2.7 Build 2, it does nothing at all. It just sits there. I shut my firewall off, and tried again, and nothing. I updated it on my Windows 7 desktop and it worked fine. Issue seems to be on a Windows 11 computer. I have no other issues downloading any other software on the Windows 11 laptop. Does not want to take this new version. Anyone else having issues?

1707536539904.png

Last edited:

hummern23

Premium Subscriber
No issue here with Windows 11 ARM running on Parallels, although when downloaded through that setup, there was a 10-15 second delay near the end of the download.

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
For some reason, I had to Right click on the file > Properties > under General, check > "Unblock" (towards bottom). Then tired installing the setup and it worked. Thanks.

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Hi. I am prompted to update to 2.7. I have two choices.
2.7, or 2.7 with waterfall "Beta".
Is there a Waterfall version that is no longer "beta", or should I use that one?
Thanks.