DSDPlus 2.71 Released for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

LimaZulu

Do you by any chance have a UHF (or any other) trunked system nearby that you could monitor to see if it skips? The problem could be something specific to the system you are listening to.

There is a UHF trunked system but is a small one - one CC and 2 voice channels. It's not so heavy on traffic and there are rarely 2 active voice channels at once. Never monitored it that much but as far as I remember there was no issues. I'll check it again just to be sure.

They're overly complicated, but I don't see anything that looks like it would cause problems.

Don't know why you count them as complicated, but I also tried to remove all that wasn't a must and there was no difference.

Is it all the voice channels or just one you hear skipping on? Do you see any changes in the FMP24 window when you hear the skip?
I get interference from a local repeater on all my UHF unless I drop the Gain setting. I also get some other interference (Passport key ups) on one voice channel for a DMR TRS.

chris

It's not any particular channel. It only happens when multiple channels are active. Nevermind which one. I did played with the gain also. It's low enough to have good signal and in the same time to not over saturate the receiver

slicerwizard

Don't know why you count them as complicated
-fn -ds63 -dd3 -dv20

These should make no difference when using a dongle on a clean NXDN48 signal.

-wsl487.534 -wel306.6 -wcl7.7
-wsl247.535 -wel306.857 -wcl6.918

Window locations don't have to be specified on the command line - just move them to where you want them with the mouse and they'll still be there the next time you run CC/VC DSD+.

D

DaveNF2G

Audio skipping is usually a sign of a computer that lacks the processing power to decode smoothly. If the skipping only happens when running multiple receivers, then it is probably getting overloaded after the first one.

LimaZulu

Audio skipping is usually a sign of a computer that lacks the processing power to decode smoothly. If the skipping only happens when running multiple receivers, then it is probably getting overloaded after the first one.

Did you read the last few pages? I said at least twice that I tried on few different computers and non of them is lacking of processing power but the problem is still there. Also, nobody said nothing about multiple receivers

cg

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried each channel in conventional mode to try to narrow down the source? I would lean to an outside transmitter causing interference.
If you can go mobile with a laptop and SDR, you could change locations and see if that eliminates the problem.

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
Also, nobody said nothing about multiple receivers
You said you have multiple receivers when you posted two SDR input sources in your batch files. Two is multiple, each one causes more load on the CPU.

chris

LimaZulu

Have you tried each channel in conventional mode to try to narrow down the source? I would lean to an outside transmitter causing interference.
If you can go mobile with a laptop and SDR, you could change locations and see if that eliminates the problem.

chris

I tried to listen to each channel as a stand alone channel - no problem at all

You said you have multiple receivers when you posted two SDR input sources in your batch files. Two is multiple, each one causes more load on the CPU.

chris

Never said that. Maybe you got it wrong because trunking require 2 dognles but that's not something new. The only time when I said "multiple" was when I was describing the problem which occur when multiple CHANNELS are active at the same time. And to be clear on that "CPU issue" I could say that on my daily usage CPU rarely goes above 13% with DSDPlus running and some other programs running in background.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I have run NXDN48 trunked system running here and no skipping. FMP24 and DSD+ work fine with it. You say it isn't your computer, no interference, happens on your friend's setup as well. Sounds like it is specific to your system or perhaps there is something with non-US systems that you are encountering.

chris

LimaZulu

That's a possibility as I tried almost every possible option and nothing helps. Right now I'm running it with the most simplified bat files and the problem is still there.

DSD-CC
DSDPlus -rc -i20001 -fn -v1 -_3

DSD-VC
DSDPlus -rv -i20002 -o2 -fn -v1 -O NUL -_3

FMP-CC
:A
FMP24 -i2 -rc -o20001 -f168.68125 -b4 -g28.0 -z0 -P50 -_1
FMP24 -i2 -rc -o20001 -f167.98125 -b4 -g28.0 -z0 -P50 -_1
FMP24 -i2 -rc -o20001 -f168.48125 -b4 -g28.0 -z0 -P50 -_1
goto A

FMP-VC
FMP24 -rv -i1 -o20002 -P33.0 -g32.8 -z0 -_3

Still didn't managed to do a raw audio record from dsd-vc. Hope to have some free time soon to do it.

D

DaveNF2G

That's a possibility as I tried almost every possible option and nothing helps. Right now I'm running it with the most simplified bat files and the problem is still there.

DSD-CC
DSDPlus -rc -i20001 -fn -v1 -_3

DSD-VC
DSDPlus -rv -i20002 -o2 -fn -v1 -O NUL -_3

FMP-CC
:A
FMP24 -i2 -rc -o20001 -f168.68125 -b4 -g28.0 -z0 -P50 -_1
FMP24 -i2 -rc -o20001 -f167.98125 -b4 -g28.0 -z0 -P50 -_1
FMP24 -i2 -rc -o20001 -f168.48125 -b4 -g28.0 -z0 -P50 -_1
goto A

FMP-VC
FMP24 -rv -i1 -o20002 -P33.0 -g32.8 -z0 -_3

Still didn't managed to do a raw audio record from dsd-vc. Hope to have some free time soon to do it.

You are running two receivers. Call it what you want.

I have not seen an FMP24 batch file like the FMP-CC above. The normal way to scan multiple channels is to put them into a separate scanlist and issue the -s1 command to FMP24.

LimaZulu

If there is a way to do trunking with on receiver, please feel free to share with us :)
But I don't see what's the point in your post. If you are still trying to tell me that my computer can't handle trunk setup, I think I already answered this question.
About FMP-CC, well, now you do. Can't see what's the problem with that either :) Simple batch loop...what's so strange about that? :)

cg

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried it without your batch loop? You should try to make it very basic, get it to work, then try the unconventional DSDPlus setups.

chris

LimaZulu

Have you tried it without your batch loop? You should try to make it very basic, get it to work, then try the unconventional DSDPlus setups.

chris

By the nature of batch scripting this shouldn't be issue but I'll try it. But I'm not sure I do ubderstand what do you mean by "unconventional DSDPlus setups"?

slicerwizard

Nothing wrong with that batch file. Obviously, you just press Esc in CC FMP24 until it lands on the current control channel? I've done the same thing here for a big NEXEDGE48 site.

D

DaveNF2G

The point of my post, along with many others in this thread, is that one must first set up according to the directions before one can determine whether or not one's computer is capable of doing the job.

Secondly, it does not help to mislead yourself and those who try to help you by denying the basics of your setup. You keep saying that "multiple receivers" is not an issue and you have claimed not to be running multiple receivers. Yet, that is what you are doing.

LimaZulu

Keep calm man. I'm not misleading you or anybody else. You are the one that keep saying my computer isn't capable of running this setup and keep missing the part where I explained that I tried different computers with different setups some of which are mine and some are not.
If you have some other methods of testing the setup, please feel free to share it. I'll really be glad if you saw something wrong that nobody does and help to solve the issue. It will help everybody. But please stop posting what's already been answered to or this thread is going to become a complete mess. So, sorry If I insulted you in any way. Now let's stick to the post!

LD723

Has the audio quality for this version of dsdplus improved alot since the public realease? I don't want to get fastlane if the audio sounds the same as the public realease because I'm not too interested in the fast lane version features besides the audio quality lol although the features now for fastlane is pretty impressive and intresting. I'm not a very big fan of the audio quality in the public realease and it's sometimes hard to understand the officers talking on dmr because of the audio quality. Hopefully one day it sounds pretty close to a natural digital scanner instead of the mumbling robotic voice lol. This isn't any sort of decode problem and my pc is more than capable.

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
Has the audio quality for this version of dsdplus improved alot since the public realease? I don't want to get fastlane if the audio sounds the same as the public realease because I'm not too interested in the fast lane version features besides the audio quality lol although the features now for fastlane is pretty impressive and intresting. I'm not a very big fan of the audio quality in the public realease and it's sometimes hard to understand the officers talking on dmr because of the audio quality. Hopefully one day it sounds pretty close to a natural digital scanner instead of the mumbling robotic voice lol. This isn't any sort of decode problem and my pc is more than capable.

C'mon man. It's $25.

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.