DSDPlus 2.71 Released for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

morfis

Do I presume correctly that I can just put the .dll and .exe files from the new driver package into the DSDPlus directory as-is and ignore all of the doc files about compiling them?

All of the files from the DSD update directory into your current working DSDplus directory.
From the fftw-3.3.5-dll32.zip file you just need to extract the libfftw3f-3.dll file to you working DSDplus directory. You don't need any other files from that zip

M105

Make sure -rc is specified in both the FMP24_CC and DSD+_CC command lines. All the new parameters and changes since the last public release are in the notes.txt file but it has reached the point where you need to be a detective to find all of it. It is probably past time to rewrite the specific docs of FMP and DSD+.

I will post my batch file command lines below. Of course they will not apply directly to your setup but may serve as a guide.

For the CC-----------
(NX_FMP24-CC.bat)
FMP24 -i2 -f453.53750 -o20003 -b4 -P59.4 -_3 -wsl6.6 -g49.6 -rc

(NX_DSD-CC.bat)
DSDPlus -F4 -fn -rc -o2 -i20003 -e -_10 -wsl400.2 -wss100.200 -wel0.1 -wcl240.116 -wes400.520 -OM NUL -ds70 -dd56 -dv20
-----------------------------

For the VC-----------
(TCP_FMP24-VC.bat)
FMP24 -i1 -o20002 -P58.9 -rv -_1 -wsl6.6 -g49.6

(TCP_DSD-VC.bat)
DSDPlus -F2 -rv -o2 -i20002 -_14 -v3 -wsl40.210 -wss100.200 -wel172.522 -wcl528.0 -UA50 -OM NUL -ds70 -dd56 -dv20
--------------------------------

The batch file that runs it all: (NX_Scanner_TCP_linked.bat)
start TCP_FMP24-VC.bat
TIMEOUT 2
start TCP_DSD-VC.bat
TIMEOUT 2
start NX_FMP24-CC.bat
TIMEOUT 2
start NX_DSD-CC.bat
-----------------------------------------------------------
Note: My VC files are used for other protocols so I don't specify -fn. If you are monitoring NXDN exclusively you could add that to the DSD command.

LimaZulu

Make sure -rc is specified in both the FMP24_CC and DSD+_CC command lines. All the new parameters and changes since the last public release are in the notes.txt file but it has reached the point where you need to be a detective to find all of it. It is probably past time to rewrite the specific docs of FMP and DSD+.

I will post my batch file command lines below. Of course they will not apply directly to your setup but may serve as a guide.

For the CC-----------
(NX_FMP24-CC.bat)
FMP24 -i2 -f453.53750 -o20003 -b4 -P59.4 -_3 -wsl6.6 -g49.6 -rc

(NX_DSD-CC.bat)
DSDPlus -F4 -fn -rc -o2 -i20003 -e -_10 -wsl400.2 -wss100.200 -wel0.1 -wcl240.116 -wes400.520 -OM NUL -ds70 -dd56 -dv20
-----------------------------

For the VC-----------
(TCP_FMP24-VC.bat)
FMP24 -i1 -o20002 -P58.9 -rv -_1 -wsl6.6 -g49.6

(TCP_DSD-VC.bat)
DSDPlus -F2 -rv -o2 -i20002 -_14 -v3 -wsl40.210 -wss100.200 -wel172.522 -wcl528.0 -UA50 -OM NUL -ds70 -dd56 -dv20
--------------------------------

The batch file that runs it all: (NX_Scanner_TCP_linked.bat)
start TCP_FMP24-VC.bat
TIMEOUT 2
start TCP_DSD-VC.bat
TIMEOUT 2
start NX_FMP24-CC.bat
TIMEOUT 2
start NX_DSD-CC.bat
-----------------------------------------------------------
Note: My VC files are used for other protocols so I don't specify -fn. If you are monitoring NXDN exclusively you could add that to the DSD command.

Mine bat files looks like that

DSD-CC:

DSDPlus -rc -i20001 -fn -ds63 -dd3 -dv20 -UA30 -E -T -v4 -_3 -wsl487.534 -wel306.6 -wcl7.7

DSD-VC:

DSDPlus -rv -i20002 -o2 -fn -ds63 -dd3 -dv20 -UA30 -UA30 -E -T -v4 -O NUL -_3 -wsl247.535 -wel306.857 -wcl6.918

FMP-CC:

:A
FMP24 -i2 -rc -v10 -o20001 -f168.68125 -b4 -g28.0 -z0 -P50 -n0 -_1 -wsl2.444
FMP24 -i2 -rc -v10 -o20001 -f167.98125 -b4 -g28.0 -z0 -P50 -n0 -_1 -wsl2.444
FMP24 -i2 -rc -v10 -o20001 -f168.48125 -b4 -g28.0 -z0 -P50 -n0 -_1 -wsl2.444
goto A

FMP-VC:

FMP24 -rv -v10 -i1 -o20002 -P33.0 -g32.8 -z0 -n0 -_3 -wsl240.444

And the one that starts them all:

start 1.trunkDSD-CC
timeout /t 1
start 2.trunkDSD-VC
timeout /t 1
start 4.trunkFMP-VC
timeout /t 1
start 3.trunkFMP-CC

I just added -rc to FMP24. Thanks for that! Will see if it works tomorrow

Unfortunately i'm facing other issue now - there is something like audio "interruption" (if I can call it like that) when multiple frequencies are active. Had this issue with public version also the only difference now is that the audio, in those cases, on fast lane release is more understandable. I recorded some raw audio when the net was quite busy so it can be observed. In the beginning is not so much but after that is quite "visible". Tried different settings on and off....nothing changes.

RAW audio file: https://mega.nz/fm/K5UlyQ4Y

garys

Premium Subscriber
I agree. There is a lot of information in notes.txt, but it's not always easy to find. Each time I read through it, I find something else that I missed.

M105

I have not experienced that and I don't have an account to listen to the audio.

Why is the loop in FMP-CC?

LimaZulu

I
I have not experienced that and I don't have an account to listen to the audio.

Why is the loop in FMP-CC?

There is no audio to listen. It's the raw audio file that must be downloaded and "played" with dsdplus itself.

It is in loop because sometimes I must shutdown my computer and next time I run it, CC channel may not be the first one. This is where loop gives me the ability to hit "X" and it will automatically goes to second line, which is the second CC from the pattern of my sistem. If you hit "X" again it will go to the third line and then back to first line if you hit "X" once again. Of course once hit the control channel, if you don't stop DSD, there is no need to hit "X" every time when CC changes.

Could anyone send me notes.txt file?

M105

You should already have notes.txt as it is included in the 2.71 fastlane release zip file.
---
The skipping might be caused by something else on the computer writing to disk or loading the processor.

LimaZulu

You should already have notes.txt as it is included in the 2.71 fastlane release zip file.
---
The skipping might be caused by something else on the computer writing to disk or loading the processor.

Well, notes.txt does not explain different switches. It's more like a change log. But it does the job when you read all the new features in earlier releases

About skipping - it's has nothing in common with the computer. Tried it on all my computers. This means different hardware, software, different features turned on or off, laptops, desktops......it's still there and it's pretty annoying.

M105

Yeah, like I said earlier the docs need an update. My only other thought on the skips might be to cut your DSD+ reporting back to -v3 on the VC and -v2 (default) on the CC unless you need it for something.

LimaZulu

There was so many different thing that I already switched on or off that I didn't remember about verbosity settings. I set it at 4 without any reason, just for curiosity you know. The same thing that made us all to buy this piece of software ;) Will revert those settings back to default and check it tomorrow when the network is more active, as it is almost in the middle of the night here and there is no much activity at the moment :)

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I started seeing this as a problem today. No TG Alias showing up with previously identified users. I noticed that DSD+ is generating new groups listings with 48 or 96 as appropriate. I edited the existing list and it seems to be working now.

Go onto your groups folder and make all if those groups NEXEDGE48 instead of NEXEDGE you have to be specific with this release. Also it may have started making a new group list because your group list didn't specify 48 or 96 before this release. Just update your group list to specify whether the tg is 48 or 96 and add that to the modulation heading. Then delete the new list it created and you should be good to go. I went through the same thing a few nights ago. I should have posted the answer then but nobody else had seen the issue until now I figured people knew about it. Anyway try the above instructions and please feel free to ask if you need anymore help.

Bob

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I started seeing this as a problem today. No TG Alias showing up with previously identified users. I noticed that DSD+ is generating new groups listings with 48 or 96 as appropriate. I edited the existing list and it seems to be working now.
Your welcome I really scoured the notes .txt but that was a just a common sense guess at why my talkgroups weren't working. I don't think changing the format to 48 or 96 was in the notes. I just kept trying fixes until one worked.

garys

Premium Subscriber
That seems to have solved a couple of weird things I was seeing on NEXEDGE systems. At least so far it seems that way.

Your welcome I really scoured the notes .txt but that was a just a common sense guess at why my talkgroups weren't working. I don't think changing the format to 48 or 96 was in the notes. I just kept trying fixes until one worked.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Just wanted to add my thanks to DSDPlus for the update. So far no issues with false talk groups at all. Still showing encrypted when its not though.

Audio seems even better than before and that is saying a lot.

So thanks for all the hard work. Enjoy the sunshine. LOL

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I already had an older Fast Lane version working on my system. I then upgraded to 2.71 by unzipping the file and copying the extracted files to the existing DSD+ folder. I also added the libfftw3f-3.dll file. I did not make any changes to any of my existing batch files. Do I need to? Everything seems to be working, but I don't really notice any differences between 2.71 and older versions.

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
I already had an older Fast Lane version working on my system. I then upgraded to 2.71 by unzipping the file and copying the extracted files to the existing DSD+ folder. I also added the libfftw3f-3.dll file. I did not make any changes to any of my existing batch files. Do I need to? Everything seems to be working, but I don't really notice any differences between 2.71 and older versions.

You will need to update any NXDN system files (.group .radios) to include the baud type (NEXEDGE to NEXEDGE48). As to batch files, I haven’t touched mine. I didn’t see any command line changes or additions.

VA3DBJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
You will need to update any NXDN system files (.group .radios) to include the baud type (NEXEDGE to NEXEDGE48). As to batch files, I haven’t touched mine. I didn’t see any command line changes or additions.

VA3DBJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I found out about the NXDN system file changes that I had to make early on. Someone above mentioned something about adding "-rc" to some of the CC batch files.

cg

Premium Subscriber
The info with all the various parameters can be found in the Help file for most of the applications. They need to be generated by the end user. I simply run a batch file for each program when I get a new version.
Something like:
DSDPlus -h >DSDPlus_Help.txt

I then edit the resulting file name to include the version number (for me, easier than editing the batch file each time)

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.