Bartlesville Going To OKWIN?

jcam0625

Premium Subscriber
Did a quick system / site on the SDS200 and put it in trunking discovery a few hours ago. one hit so far on TG1441, voice, short, in the clear. Couldn't make out the whole call but ended with a 10-8 code (back in service) so most likely BPD. I'll leave discovery running for a couple of days and see what else I can figure out.

jcam0625

Premium Subscriber
Dug out the SDR's so I could see more info, it is phase 2, also has the SysID of 92C that matches OKWin, with a NAC of 920 & a SiteID of 32h (50 decimal) which is "open" in the OKWin site list, so. With all that being said, then that earlier call on TGID would have been Skiatook? They still dispatch on their old system, but have OKWin in the cars for interop. The new site still isn't showing any known neighbors and I'm not close enough to anything else OKWin to check their control channels for known neighbors. But to answer the original question that started this thread, it certainly seems like it is going to be on OKWin when finished.

b1tr41d

Did a quick system / site on the SDS200 and put it in trunking discovery a few hours ago. one hit so far on TG1441, voice, short, in the clear. Couldn't make out the whole call but ended with a 10-8 code (back in service) so most likely BPD. I'll leave discovery running for a couple of days and see what else I can figure out.

TG1441 is Skiatook PD. I also heard that traffic yesterday. But their dispatch probably didn't hear that unit.

I would appear that subscribers are authenticating to it, but its still in site trunking mode. (For the uninitiated, it doesn't have a connection back to the master system controller in Tulsa.)
On that note, I've seen the following known talkgroups authenticate:
  • 1379 Collinsville PD
  • 1381 Collinsville Fire
  • 1441 Skiatook Police
  • 1729 Coweta Police
  • 1745 Vinita Police
  • 1761 Ottawa Co SO
  • 1777 Delaware Co SO
  • 1793 Owasso Police
  • 1873 Coweta Fire
  • 1953 TPD Gilcrease
  • 2145 OHP B-Comm
  • 2785 OHP K-Comm
  • 2791 OHP L-Comm
I've also recorded the following unknown talkgroups that at this time i'm going to assume will belong to the City. (PD, Fire, public works, etc.)
But again, maybe not.
I also picked up another TG, 2525 that is not in the database.

Given some of these agencies are a good distance away, this site will definitely have some range to it once its fully operational.

Does anyone know if this system is phase 1 or 2? Thanks...
Both DSD and Unitrunker is reporting it as Phase 2. Though I found a document in the states website yesterday about upgrading the system statewide from Quantar repeaters to the GTR8000 series and upgrading firmware on the system to be TDMA (Phase 2) capable. If I recall, this document was from 2020.
So far, the audio on the unknown talkgroups above have been short (e.g. Testing 123) and didn't indicate that it was a TDMA channel.

These are my findings so far.
I'll keep it updated as more information rolls in.

b1tr41d

Looks like this afternoon, they plugged the Bartlesville site into the rest of OKWIN.
I currently show neighbors 073 (Owasso), 069 (Hominy), 061 (Tulsa), & 015 (Vinita).
I'll get this submitted to the DB shortly.

One interesting thing, is that currently Owasso PD is coming in through the site.
Looks like a BPD radio has affiliated with the Owasso PD TG.

jcam0625

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening for a couple of hours this morning, several radio checks from Owasso back to Bartlesville, sounds like tech's verifying the interconnect. I'm also hearing a fair amount of Highway Patrol traffic for both Troop K and Troop L.

So far Bartlesville PD is only using the new radios for a bit of car to car, dispatch is still on the old VHF system.

KOK5CY

Agreed. The current PD analog VHF repeater is very limited do to the nature of the VHF band and the narrow banding that is in place since 2013. Unless there was a change to digitial for the most part analog is not the most reliable anymore since the wide band days are over. A 2 or 3 simulcast system would probably work well. 1 site out west, 1 in downtown, and 1 out east would most likely be ideal. If county wanted to join they might add site a near Ramona to cover the south side of the county. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. The mention of being able to communicate with surrounding agencies screams an OKWIN site. We will see.
If the vhf band is rebanded then how come Osage county sheriff’s department is still using the north end repeater on their old frequency and they have not changed anything yet?

nowires

Sounds like I heard one brief talk group on the bartlesville okwin the other day.

jcam0625

Premium Subscriber
I'm finally hearing Bartlesville PD Dispatch on OKWIN, talk group 381, they were still on the old VHF yesterday morning, but all traffic this morning has been on the new system.

KOK5CY

TG1441 is Skiatook PD. I also heard that traffic yesterday. But their dispatch probably didn't hear that unit.

I would appear that subscribers are authenticating to it, but its still in site trunking mode. (For the uninitiated, it doesn't have a connection back to the master system controller in Tulsa.)
On that note, I've seen the following known talkgroups authenticate:
  • 1379 Collinsville PD
  • 1381 Collinsville Fire
  • 1441 Skiatook Police
  • 1729 Coweta Police
  • 1745 Vinita Police
  • 1761 Ottawa Co SO
  • 1777 Delaware Co SO
  • 1793 Owasso Police
  • 1873 Coweta Fire
  • 1953 TPD Gilcrease
  • 2145 OHP B-Comm
  • 2785 OHP K-Comm
  • 2791 OHP L-Comm
I've also recorded the following unknown talkgroups that at this time i'm going to assume will belong to the City. (PD, Fire, public works, etc.)
But again, maybe not.
I also picked up another TG, 2525 that is not in the database.

Given some of these agencies are a good distance away, this site will definitely have some range to it once its fully operational.

Both DSD and Unitrunker is reporting it as Phase 2. Though I found a document in the states website yesterday about upgrading the system statewide from Quantar repeaters to the GTR8000 series and upgrading firmware on the system to be TDMA (Phase 2) capable. If I recall, this document was from 2020.
So far, the audio on the unknown talkgroups above have been short (e.g. Testing 123) and didn't indicate that it was a TDMA channel.

These are my findings so far.
I'll keep it updated as more information rolls in.
FYI Delaware County Sheriff doesn’t use the state trunk system. They still use there vhf system.