BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whelen

Premium Subscriber
After extensive research, I believe I have found the part number for the replacement LEDs for the display. I am ordering some today and will replace them myself as soon as they arrive. I will post an update as soon as I can. In the mean time, here is the link to order if anyone wants to tackle this as well!

LTST-S220TBKT Lite-On Inc. | Optoelectronics | DigiKey

OR, if you are concerned about that particular manufacturer, here is an alternative manufacturer's product;

APA2106VBC/D Kingbright | Optoelectronics | DigiKey

Well that was a waste. Received the package a few days ago. These LEDs have GOT to be for a handheld scanner. They are far more smaller than those on the 536. My search continues. I will keep the board posted.

Citywide74

Premium Subscriber
UpMan. I am starting to be concerned on the whereabouts of my 2 536's I sent in. They have been listed as received for 2 weeks now as of today however they were marked delivered by UPS on 10/17. Please update me

ab2ms

My 436 has been great for well over a year then got the clock issue. Sent out Oct 17th, was repaired and is on its way home. Scheduled delivery is Tuesday. Total time will be 3 weeks, one day. Process went smoothly for me. Thanks Uniden!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
BCD436HP Repair Incomplete

UpMan,
I sent in two BCD436HP scanners for the repair campaign, both for the clock battery issue, and one with a dim display backlight. I just got them both back today, but the only repair completed on serial number 48006329 was the clock issue. I included documentation stating that this one also had the dim display backlight issue.

Is Uniden covering the backlight repairs under the campaign?

Thanks,

Greg

daddyspags

clock and wifi

My unit recently started showing the clock failure around the same time the siren app started not functioning properly I see the channels scanning but get no audio are the prolems related or are they individual issues

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The battery repair consists of completely replacing the main control board, which also includes the display backlight components. You won't see a separate line-item on the repair invoice for display backlight.

JamesO

As of late Oct receiving dates, it seems to be taking about 7 business days after the scanner was received before it was put into the repair system, at least this was my experience.

Comment on the SRO is Estimated ship date 12/5.

Hopefully they can under promise and over deliver!

I had my 536HP in not long ago and the turn around was about 1 week in and out as I recall.

Hopefully the 436HP will be shipping before the estimated ship date.

JamesO

Update on my 436HP that I shipped out on Oct 24th, it should be delivered back to me tomorrow. Just slightly over 3 week with shipping.

Seems the unit was received 10/28, checked in for repair 11/07 and shipped out 11/10.

So once the radio is in the cue for repair, things seemed to move fairly quick.

This was my timeline, it may give others an idea of what to expect.

I do want to thank Uniden for stepping up to these issues. They could have taken a different approached,but I think we do have UPMan to thank for possibly leading the charge on the problems that showed up in the 435/536 models.

For the 536HP we finally have the Wifi working, we have some Apps out, DMR and Provoice was released but I believe we are still waiting on the Analyze function.

We would REALLY like to see a Static IP option for the scanner and a hard wired Dongle option even as an option.

I realize there are still things going on in the background regarding Firmware, so PLEASE, PLEASE consider these features. I know that some of us are also very hopeful that NXDN would also be on the way as well.

I have also speculated about having the 3 pin power connection the 536HP configurable with an ignition sense with a shut down and start up delay so the 536HP could properly write the SD card. The interface is on the radio and I believe the hooks may be in the hardware to do this??

Last but not least, having the ability to have longer trigger lighting around the function wheel would be great. Having a number of radio stacking, it is getting difficult at times to know what radio(s) is(are) receiving traffic. With my 996XT it would be GREAT if the red weather alert LED could be configured at a open squelch light!! Something similiar on the 996P2, 536HP would be very useful as well.

Hopefully UPMan and Uniden is listening.

JamesO

Just to update the timeline for my 436HP repair, I received the radio back yesterday, so from the time I shipped the radio out and it returned was 23 days/3 weeks to include transit via UPS.

Overall the radio was packed very well for the return trip and it display appears to have been replaced probably as part of the control board. So there was no board level repair to replace the capacitor/battery for what ever reason.

I am glad I waited to get past the shipping where the radios were tossed in a box with some brown wadded up paper. Things have clearly improved with packing items for return shipment from a year or so ago.

I will give Uniden a thumbs up on their repair center. I have had 3 radios sent in for repair in the past 6 months and each has been a good experience.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Well UPMan, the new one I bought at the same time I sent my other 536 in has given up on keeping time.

Waiting on my e-mail to send it in, Ref 7378.

SCPD

QRT
UpMan
sent my bcd436hp in 10 days ago was received on friday 11/11/16...
reference number 7292 5 times in 3 days with clock issue... then it seemed to go away but display has lost its brightness and reception has depleted severely to the point you have to be almost 1/4 mile from the tower/site repeater im listening to... other scanners bcd396xt picks up with the sma antenna from the bcd436hp with no problem 10 miles from that same site full strength...
but the 436 is just static unless 1/4 mile from the repeater site... (tried just for test purposes)

My problem is webpage is still saying print ups shipping label but i did already...and it was recieved..

UPS tracking number is 1Z7562359096619254

also left note about reception issue hope it will be taken care of at same time...
I also enclosed a copy of the invoice..

JamesO

hydro,

Read my post above #1072, I outlined my timeline.

My radio was also received on a Friday and checked in by MIKE.

It was 10 days before my radio was actually "checked in".

After the radio was "checked in" it was shipped out 3 days later.

Assuming the backlog has not changed, parts are on hand and nobody if off because of the Thanksgiving holiday, I would assume a similar timeline as my repair.

But if the scanner is shipped out just before Thanksgiving, it may get delayed due to holiday shopping and the increase in package shipment.

Good luck.

ca264

Premium Subscriber
Safe Serial Number Range

Excuse me if the answer has been posted elsewhere but I can't find it. Is there a serial number range for the 536 that would tell me if mine will be unlikely to encounter any of the issues that have come up?

My serial begins 375Z58000

Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
hydro,

Read my post above #1072, I outlined my timeline.

My radio was also received on a Friday and checked in by MIKE.

It was 10 days before my radio was actually "checked in".

After the radio was "checked in" it was shipped out 3 days later.

Assuming the backlog has not changed, parts are on hand and nobody if off because of the Thanksgiving holiday, I would assume a similar timeline as my repair.

But if the scanner is shipped out just before Thanksgiving, it may get delayed due to holiday shopping and the increase in package shipment.

Good luck.
I did read all the forum posts... However the webpage even after shipping is still prompting me to print a UPS shipping label... most sites at the very least say label created...I also understand thanksgiving is coming. I just think uniden should update the repair site or send an email when the item has been delivered to them...Sorry if that is too much to ask for but a $500.00 radio with the upgrades is well worth having an acknowledgement of being received by who it was sent to.. Thats all I asked for not to be ridiculed as I am still receiving emails from support saying to print my label and ship my device in before the label expires in 10 bussiness days. When in fact it was received on 11/11/16..
Did anyone else while doing the repair campaign receive messages stating to ship it after it was received by MIKE from ups.. And when I called uniden the representative said that tracking number from UPS is not listed as received and would have been checked in within 2 business days....It has been 6 bussiness days and not checked in...

Status
Not open for further replies.