BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Mine is in the 38000 range on the sn# do I need to be worried with no problems "yet"

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

sflmonitor

196 ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't buy from scanner master they are overpriced!
I bought mine from Ham radio outlet and it shipped from Virginia I've had it for 6 months and no issues and it is a newer model 376Zxxxx5590

Looking at HRO it seems like they are only $4 cheaper than Scanner Master. According to their site, the price is discounted and discount expires at the end of this month. But they do offer free shipping though.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
I got my one of my 536's back from Uniden in less than 2 weeks. I turned it on and WOW the display was super bright! I need to get the other one out of my dashboard and send it in for the repair - I'm just not that motivated to ripping half of my dashboard apart to get the radio out!

Mike

Flint357

Issue after repair campaign completed

Hello all.... I'm new to the forum and am looking for some help. I have a 436 that is just over a year old and it has worked flawlessly. I had all the latest firmware updates, etc. Then I had the battery/clock issue and sent it in to be repaired this month. I just got it back and the display is significantly darker, almost green. I adjusted the display settings with no success. Of course its out of warranty but the display was not like this when I sent it it for the clock repair. My "repaired" unit now has a previous firmware version too. It appears that Uniden did not repair my unit... but probably just swapped out my internal board/components with another one (with a failing LCD) and re-flashed the ESN. Does anyone know who/how to contact Uniden so I can get this issue resolved? Thank you

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
If you would read the post in the thread you would see that the newer units have gone to a new LED that is different. You could also take a picture and post and the others here could tell you that is the same they have now. They replaced the main board in side the scanner. All you need to do is update the scanner firmware.

Tramagod

436HP question

This question has been asked and answered I apologize, I tried reading through the posts to find it but after 10 pages of posts I give up. I have done the Pro Voice update on my scanner, will this repair issue affect that? Wil I have to reinstall it? Thanks for anyone who may have that answer.

Citywide74

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I am not the happiest. Scanner was shipped on July 26 from Baltimore, MD and arrived at the destination on July 29. However, Uniden did not update the status page to say received until Aug 3. As of today, there has been nothing further. Most people on here state that the repair takes 2 to 3 weeks total. A friend of mine has a status number only 5 away from mine and his scanner has already been returned to him. If the unit were to be shipped on Monday, I would not see it til Thursday or Friday, which is past the 3 week mark. Can UPMAN tell me what the holdup is?

M

markie3476

UPMan, I need your help. Tried to send a PM but it was blocked, and didn't look like my email went thru.

I finally sent my uniden bcx436hp in for the clock repair. I entered my apartment number on line 2 for the return address but on the UPS shipping label it didn't show up, who can I contact to verify my address with? Or Can I email you my reference # and apartment number ? thanks.

Mark
Austin, TX

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
I finally sent my uniden bcx436hp in for the clock repair. I entered my apartment number on line 2 for the return address but on the UPS shipping label it didn't show up

I just had the same thing happen. I just wrote my apartment number on the label in pen after the street address but I hope Uniden puts my apartment number on the label when they ship it back.

JimQ

Premium Subscriber
I sent my BCD536 in for repair on 8/3/2016; I got it back on 8/17/2016. It was shipped back on 8/12/2016. So the process seems to have worked well in my case.

I installed the DMR upgrade in the scanner earlier today. Now to start working with that.

M

markie3476

I received mine back yesterday, only took a week. However I noticed the backlight has a green tint to now and isn't the bright blue that it started with. also the contrast level 1-7 is practically useless, you need 10 or more to see it from all angles.

JimQ

Premium Subscriber
I have not noticed any big difference in the backlight upon return... I will check the contrast function when I get a chance... I usually use a high contrast setting anyway but have not checked it recently...

garys

Premium Subscriber
As I've noted, the 536HP display has been problematic for me. I have two of them and each has been repaired twice. Part of it might be my increasingly old eyeballs, but not all of it. OTOH, I've tremendously enjoyed the display via Siren, so the 536HP display is less of a concern to me.

I have not noticed any big difference in the backlight upon return... I will check the contrast function when I get a chance... I usually use a high contrast setting anyway but have not checked it recently...

kc2kth

Post RTC fix - RTC battery lifespan?

I haven't seen this anywhere but perhaps someone else has. Do we know, on the 436 post-RTC fix by Uniden, what the lifespan of the RTC clock battery is now between charges? Clearly from my own experience it is far longer than the 7-10 days I saw prior to the RTC failure. I was on vacation and my 436 was off for more than 2 weeks but no RTC message when I powered the scanner back on. Along with the lifespan question, how long does it take to recharge now? Prior to the fix I recall seeing Upman mention ~48 hours "on" time to recharge the RTC battery.

gariac

My RTC battery never worked. I figured Uniden didn't use one. ;-) Is there a time limit on this repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.