BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ncfirewire

How long does it typically take Uniden to write back and give you the label to send it back ??

kc0rzw

Think it took 2-3 days to get the label, had the scanner back in 2 weeks from dropping it at ups.

pwelsheimer

Premium Subscriber
I submitted mine on 13MAR20 and recieved the UPS label this morning (16MAR20). I think my scanner was made in 2014 FWIW.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I came across a couple 2014 vintage 536's that were in use for a streaming service so the display and clock battery issues were no a problem. I signed up for the repair and got my label the next day, 2 days later I dropped the radios off at the UPS Store and 3 days later (last Friday) got the message that they arrived. This morning I got the notification that they are on the way back.

Not bad for a 6 year old scanner!

N5UBN

Bought mine used at the Belton Hamfest.. Sent it in got it back in a couple of weeks and it's like new.. Hard to believe that any company these days would do this, other than for the original purchaser..

Gmork

Finally decided to send my older likely 1st Gen 536HP due to the clock issue I had for years. The display also was dim due to being installed in a vehicle for years. Put the request on, next day label. Sent out that day, back in about a week. No issues at all!

Weird thing was that the shipping label to Uniden was UPS and they sent it back via FedEx.

hvytrucker

HvyTrucker
Just sent in the request yesterday... I know they say it should take around 3 weeks to send it in and to be returned repaired but how long should it take the initial request and when they will send you the label?

Do they automatically fix the RTC problem and also the faded screen or do I have to mention that when I send it in? I am just curious & mostly amazed that a Company is standing behind thier product like this.

Will post updates as they come!

Gmork

take the initial request and when they will send you the label?

Do they automatically fix the RTC problem and also the faded screen or do I have to mention that when I send it in?
They emailed me the label about a day later.

I couldn't find anywhere to mention the screen issue. So I put a note in the box with the radio and it was fixed.

hvytrucker

HvyTrucker
They emailed me the label about a day later.

I couldn't find anywhere to mention the screen issue. So I put a note in the box with the radio and it was fixed.
Cool beans, that's what I was going to do anyway.

Now if I can only find the belt clip screw or the correct size so I buy one at a hardware store!
Thanks again!

bob550

Premium Subscriber
So, I've had the RTC issue now for several months. It doesn't matter how long my 536 remains powered on, the battery will not recharge. I finally got around to submitting a repair request to Uniden and received the message: "One of your units (Serial: 375Z78001407) is not eligible for the repair campaign." I was under the impression that there was no limitation to the repair campaign based on serial number. Should my next step be to contact Uniden Support via RR?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
That serial indicates your scanner already has the newer screen and clock hardware revision, not the old version the repair campaign replaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.