BCD436HP Repair Campaign failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Flawless and Trouble Free Clock Battery

I have a 536 with absolutely no problems with losing time or real time clock problems. You can't beat such a great scanner with absolutely no defects. All 536s are amazing and awesome and no problems so great because in my situation it worked great so obviously it is the exact same for everyone else.

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
Wow, this pretty awesome. I shipped my 436hp the middle of last week for repair and I just got an e-mail saying my repaired unit has shipped for return. If it comes back to me as quickly as it went I should have tomorrow, Friday at the latest. Can't beat that for service, less than two weeks gone.

That's great, but it looks like you are only about 2.5 hours from the repair location so I'm assuming that made a difference with the short distance for shipping compared to others where it takes 4 or 5 days to get it to Texas like in my case.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Either way... this whole process is a joke. This is not due to user abuse. This is a product defect.

A new replacement product should be shipped to people with defective products. The new product should have a label for returning the defective product in the box that the new radio came in, with a number to call the carrier to schedule a pickup. The used radios should be sold as used or reconditioned, not passed on to the next guy.

This whole thing costs time and money for the customer, not to mention time without a scanner. So a $700 scanner just became a $800 scanner, etc.

It all goes to further my theory that the makers and marketers of these scanners don't really use the devices themselves, or else there wouldn't be so many defects in the hardware or holes in the firmware.

It's time to demand some corporate responsibility. It's okay for Uniden to lose a ton of money from selling bad products. Indeed, if they don't respond appropriately to their failures, it would be fine if the company goes under (i.e. why would people keep buying a product that has defects and less than satisfactory response to correct those). Reading the early threads about the clock reset are comical...

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
So you are telling me that having a brand new scanner sent to you before you return your defective one doesn't beat being without a scanner for over a week?

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Oh Aggiecon...always great to see you around. :)
Will my NEW 536 I am receiving tomorrow from Amazon need to be sent in for the clock issue? I hope I don't get my new scanner and have to send it out before I use it !

Tramagod

I don't have such high expectations Aggiecon, nor am I a one ups man. My comment merely voiced my satisfaction with the service I received. So what's next, you gonna tell me your daddy can beat up my daddy?

macs436

I have called Uniden support on Friday Sept-16 and asked to speak to a supervisor but was not able twice to be forwarded to the supervisors voice mail. I left a message with your customer service representative for a supervisor to call me at home on Monday sept-19-2016 but I received no call. I also received an email from Caleb from Uniden that Uniden corporate is reviewing the issue. I have been told this a couple of weeks ago and this issue started several months ago.

I will not being signing any Affidavit If you sent my product via a carrier you should be able to prove shippment delivery by examining the signature on delivery from the carrier..

macs436

I have received and Email from Unided corporate refusing to sent me my BCD436HP. I will have to start with court proceedings.

Status
Not open for further replies.