BCD996T Trunking Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dscully

I have used this scanner for several years in a conventionl public safety system on VHF. Recently I moved to a county in Texas that has an 800 Mhz trunked system that, according to RR, may have recently been rebanded. I upgraded the firmware in the scanner to the latest version. I have located the system I wish to monitor and I have downloaded it with ARC from the Internet to the radio. All of the desired systems seem to appear on the scanner, however I detect no activity. I see the radio scanning the desired system. Using the ARC software I do not see the actual frequencies of the system. So, HELP, I am stumped as to what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions would REALLY be appreciated! Dennis

bottk

Hey Dennis ,I was wondering , did you input the control frequencies for the system you are trying to monitor?

Also did you enter the system as the correct type of system for example some p25 systems have to be entered as Motorola 800mhz and not p 25 unless it is actually a p25 system you can go to the database tab on this website and get all the info you need

good luck to you and I hope this helps.

bottk

You might also want to look at the wiki re-banding page on this website to make sure your scanner is capable of re-banding

bottk

I am sorry Dennis I see you have a 996t it is fully capable of re-banding

That was my bad , its been a long day

wtp

800 custom plans

Band Plan Base Freq (lower) Base Freq (upper) Offset Polarity Spacing
1 851.025 854.000 440 + 25 khz
2 851.0125 868.9875 0 + 25 khz
you will need the if any of the frequencies are between 851 and 854
the idea is if a freq has a 0 in the forth decimal place you will need to do this like 851.220 if they are all 5's you may not 851.1875

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have used this scanner for several years in a conventionl public safety system on VHF. Recently I moved to a county in Texas that has an 800 Mhz trunked system that, according to RR, may have recently been rebanded. I upgraded the firmware in the scanner to the latest version. I have located the system I wish to monitor and I have downloaded it with ARC from the Internet to the radio. All of the desired systems seem to appear on the scanner, however I detect no activity. I see the radio scanning the desired system. Using the ARC software I do not see the actual frequencies of the system. So, HELP, I am stumped as to what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions would REALLY be appreciated! Dennis
Which county and which system?

If you downloaded the system information through the web import function of the ARC software, it should have downloaded any needed band-plan information as well as the new frequencies. However, the ones that wtp posted are the correct ones to enter if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.