Boston MedFlight DMR

TeamStarlet

Quick question regarding MedFlight Conv vs DMR

Does anyone know if they use DMR at all? I only ever seem to get transmissions on Conventional and wondered if this was expected.

TeamStarlet

I should have been more specific - I’ve got the DMR TG’s but never hear anything on them.

Does anyone know if the TG’s are actually used?

garys

Premium Subscriber
I moved out of the area last year, but at the time they were active. Not tremendously so, but they were active. TG22 was the least active.

I should have been more specific - I’ve got the DMR TG’s but never hear anything on them.

Does anyone know if the TG’s are actually used?

Brentd2183

Premium Subscriber
bmf.jpg

This is obviously for the helicopter side of things, I don't know about their ground side.

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
I haven't heard them on ICE in a while, but they still love landing at the nearby airport and rattling my windows at 11:30 at night

ecps92

Med Flight uses UTAC 42 simplex for comms with town depts when coming in for a pick up.
Not all, recent landings near me one Town used UTAC41D which is the agreed upon Primary channel for most LZ's
however a neighboring town, MF came up on the Fire channel, not UTAC41D

Just another reason to ALWAYS have the NIFOG Interops in your ScanLists
Here is the agreed upon channels from the orth East Air Alliance (NEAA) for Massachusetts

Frequency BandPrimary ChannelSecondary Channels
UHFUTAC 41D (Direct)UTAC42D, UTAC43D
VHFVTAC 11VTAC12, VTAC13, VTAC14
800 Mhz8TAC91D8TAC92D, 8TAC93D, 8TAC94D

paul612

Premium Subscriber
I haven't listened in a while but the DMR was used for ground transport units as well as contacting aircraft crews about pending missions. Not sure if they still do that.