Broadcastify Calls & Simultaneous Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA3JPX

Hello Everyone,

I have setup Broadcastify Calls using a RTLSDR dongle, Trunking Recorder v3.1.4790.7807, Unitrunker v2.1.0.58 VB Cable A & B. All is working as it should. However I am scanning a system on only 1 site and it’s busy. For example, I would like to capture as many streams as I can on that site and have Trunking Recorder record them all and upload to broadcastify.

What is happening now is I only have one voice VFO running, so I can only record one call at a time. While this happens, other calls are missed. Is there any way I can increase the number of simultaneous calls in unitrunker for recording by trunking recorder?

Any advice/recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
James

Mr_Boh

You can do more VFOs if the dongle is enough to cover the frequency and you can center (park) the dongle in the center of the slice of RF you need to cover. Then use the rank settings to help fine tune. Just keep in mind that different dongles have max reccomended bandwidth, ie an typical RTL-based dongle says 3.2 MHz, you are more stable in the 2.4MHz range. Also your difficulty for monitoring goes up since you need to add additional decoders if you are doing TDMA with a lot of those virtual audio cables. To truly cover the system, you would need enough voice VFOs to cover ever potential voice slot the system has capacity for.

At some point, depending on how busy the system is, it's better off learning SDRTrunk or TrunkRecorder to capture the system since they are designed to do that, then go grab another dongle to give you the view you enjoy with Unitrunker.

VA3JPX

My dongle covers the entire range that the site has. So, If I add more VFO's ... could more than one VFO respond to the control channel? Hence, recording that twice?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
For each voice VFO you have, you'll need a corresponding virtual audio cable. VB Cable has five of them available, the original VB Cable, then A&B, and most recently C&D. If I remember correctly, you can also install Hi-Fi Cable and Voicemeeter to gain two additional virtual cables.

Unitrunker will use whatever voice VFO are free to tune to the traffic. No, it will not tune multiple VFO's to the same traffic, if that's what you're asking. As long as your dongle covers the entire spectrum the site uses, you'd be limited only by the horsepower of your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.