C-K EMS Testing PECOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossfire291

Sitting here listening to Chatham-Kent EMS, and just heard the dispatcher request 1270 to switch over to PECOM, to do a test. I've not heard this before. I'm curious to know what PECOM is. Is it a new system, or what?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
P-COMM. Provincial Common. 150.1000. EMS use it quite often in some areas.

PD counterpart would be Provincial Common 142.7700.

rc1990

It a common freq for EMS across Ontario! Sometimes Ornge uses that freq, at least in northern Ontario, that the freq they used as well as 129.275. It's not a separate system,just a freq in all Bell fleetnet radios!

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Sundays are usually "test" days. I have heard Halton patching with Hamilton often enough.

As RC said PCom is province wide. Before fleetnet EMS crews would switch to it when leaving/arriving in another CACC

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hey, must be a Sunday. ~30 years ago all the FDs in Durham & area would play around with test patches and such. Cesarea and Sunderland would call Pickering Control after a long, high-pitched patch tone. Ajax and Whitby would test every freaking radio in their fleet on the main dispatch channel. IIRC they are still doing that on a trunked tac the last time I was through!

Here Sundays are the days when all the radios are tested on a tac channel, primary backup, and secondary backup. Patching to Provincial Ambulance (AB version of PCOMM) is done as well as RCMP to Calgary Police bridging.

Once all the provinces that are getting provincewide systems get them together, we should see if we can string something up on a Sunday from Victoria to Gander :)

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Do they skip over Quebec like most of the contests and the weather network if nationwide system checks are made ?
:)

VE3JSO

Sitting here listening to Chatham-Kent EMS, and just heard the dispatcher request 1270 to switch over to PECOM, to do a test. I've not heard this before. I'm curious to know what PECOM is. Is it a new system, or what?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

yea i hear wallaceburg ask ether lambton ems to switch over to p-com for testing at least once a week

Status
Not open for further replies.