Camden County 500mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC3ECJ

I know primary comms are on the trunked system now.
Although the licences are showing active for the Camden County police and sheriff 500mhz analog conventional, they seem to be depreciated. I had a dual watch handheld trying to pick them up listening to a couple frequencies of each for a while over two days and not a peep. I think I may have picked up a DMR or P25 data burst periodically on 508.7875.

Not sure about whatever conventional fire and EMS are that way too now. I didn't take as much time to try monitoring them.

HavenBTS

Banned by a Super Duper Moderator
Banned
I too have heard nothing on the 500 analog frequencies. They are listed as active and not deprecated. The database admins are the best and if they are deprecated I know that they would be listed as such.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
They are not marked as deprecated and are still in the database because no one has submitted that the 500 MHz frequencies are no longer in use. There hasn't been a submission to Camden County regarding the 500 MHz frequencies in many years. Database admins rely on local users to keep us aware of what is going on, otherwise nothing is going to get updated.

If there is 100% confirmation that 500 MHz is dead in Camden County, and is not maintained for backup purposes, then we can look at removing the channels from the database. Proving that they are backup channels can be tough, since they may not be used until needed, so you'll likely have to find a reliable source who has knowledge of whether the UHF equipment is still installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.