Cape Cod area Aviation Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsbicknell

Let me start by saying how much I appreciate EVERY volunteer associated with the live feeds.

I have listened to Cape Cod area Aviation Communications for many years using 5-0 on my iPhone.

When it wouldn't play today I searched all the counties in eastern Massachusetts and don't see the feed, does anyone know if it is still active?

Thanks

W1BIC - Scott

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Let me start by saying how much I appreciate EVERY volunteer associated with the live feeds.

I have listened to Cape Cod area Aviation Communications for many years using 5-0 on my iPhone.

When it wouldn't play today I searched all the counties in eastern Massachusetts and don't see the feed, does anyone know if it is still active?

Thanks

W1BIC - Scott

As the provider of the feed I can absolutely confirm it is on the LiveATC website and is provided with the gracious equipment provision (2 scanners, a Raspberry Pi, and a RTL dongle) by that organization. There are three separate feeds; you've likely already seen how they're configured if you've been to LiveATC.

Also there is a LiveATC mobile app but it is not freeware; however it's only a few $.

hfxChris

Database Admin
As the provider of the feed I can absolutely confirm it is on the LiveATC website and is provided with the gracious equipment provision (2 scanners, a Raspberry Pi, and a RTL dongle) by that organization. There are three separate feeds; you've likely already seen how they're configured if you've been to LiveATC.

Also there is a LiveATC mobile app but it is not freeware; however it's only a few $.

Do you find you get more listeners with LiveATC? It seems to be the more popular site for aviation feeds.

KC1UA

Database Admin
Do you find you get more listeners with LiveATC? It seems to be the more popular site for aviation feeds.

I never had a great deal of listeners to my aviation feed here, maybe 2 or 3 at the most. I think as LiveATC is exclusively for aviation there are certainly more users, and with the use of their equipment here I've been able to separate the traffic into three feeds which allows listeners to hear traffic they're more interested in.

No knock on RR, but it was a win-win for me as it freed up some resources on my feed PC, which provides three other feeds to RR, and also provides other dedicated services to PlanePlotter and PlaneFinder via a Kinetics SBS1-ER ADSB receiver.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Scott, was this equipment provided to you by LiveATC?

If so, disregard.

Otherwise, I'd love to hear how we could get these feeds on Broadcastify. We (Broadcastify) will be releasing official mobile apps shortly (free) - we've also embarked upon a big push to get more aviation feeds online and have invested in that so far...

KC1UA

Database Admin
Hi Lindsay,

Yes, they provided me with the Pi, two scanners, and one dongle.

But, you've surely got the remainder of my feeds "until the cows come home" etc. :)

Michael-SATX

Hello Scott, for those that don't know the provided LiveATC equipment details ... could you fill us in ?
Was it a Raspberry Pi 2, SDR Dongle M/N and the brand and models of the 2 scanners ? Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.