CFB Borden Trunking System

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustinrenz

Hello, I have a radio shack pro-164 Scanner. Ive been racking my brains out over figuring out the trunking scan. I tried programming it but do not know what frequencies need to go on or exactly what I am doing as the instructions are really bad. If someone could take me through it step by step to program the trunking system at CFB Borden, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much!!

-- The Link to the Borden Page: CFB Borden Trunking System, Borden, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

mciupa

Database Admin
Hi dustinrenz,welcome to RadioReference :)

Your Pro-164 does not trunktrack Motorola VHF-Hi, the system that Base Borden is using. :(

Last edited:

dustinrenz

I tried programming it and managed to get a few transmissions coming from the base at the Rashions and Quarters Services, and the Military Police OPS. Im 100% sure it was those 2 because I work there so my scanner has to have the capability to pick it up.....

n5ims

Hi dustinrenz,welcome to RadioReference :)

Your Pro-164 does not trunktrack Motorola VHF-Hi, the system that Base Borden is using. :(

From the "Trunking Setup" section on page 41 of the Pro-164 manual (http://rsk.imageg.net/graphics/uc/rsk/Support/ProductManuals/2000164_PM_EN.pdf) it looks like the Pro-164 does support Motorola trunking on VHF-Hi "To receive Motorola VHF and UHF system transmissions, you must program applicable base and offset frequencies. In the 800 MHz trunking band, you can select a base frequency (normal or offset), but in the 900 MHz trunking band, you do not need to set the base frequency." I believe that the instructions for VHF-Hi would use those listed for UHF-Lo.

Please note that the programming of a trunking system, especially one with custom tables, is best done using software. See this WIKI page for ones you can use --> PSR-300/400 Software and USB Support - The RadioReference Wiki (most, if not all, of the compatible software has a free 30 day or so trial period so you should try all and use the one that works best for you).

mciupa

Database Admin
Please note that as mentioned above by _jabbor_ the question was asked in the Ontario Canada forum, which is where this discussion should continue I suspect.
http://forums.radioreference.com/ontario/184418-cfb-borden-trunking-system-help-please.html

...and in that thread another poster backs up my claim that the Pro-164 does not trunktrack VHF.

I think that quote from page 41 in the 164 manual is a generic piece of advice for base and offsets for VHF and UHF trunking for any trunking scanner. It does lead one to believe that it is possible though. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.