Close call

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
With close call on, will it override the selected service types I have off/on? SDS100/536 being used.
Close call cannot access service types on a random frequency that it "found", so no effect whatever, regardless of which service types are active, or inactive.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Service types only apply to programmed channels. The scanner has no way to know what a random CC hit might be, so service type filtering is not applied to CC hits.

Shinobi1

I'm not sure I fully understand how this feature works (or more accurately, if I set it up properly). I have a Uniden BCD325P2. When I select "Close Call Only", I see a screen (SCR REP) with numbers 1 through 7, but I never hear anything. It apparently isn't doing anything. I bought this scanner largely to hear what's happening in my close area, but instead I've been picking up conversations from all over the city, from the programmed channels (sheriff, EMS, dispatch, etc). The only close calls I hear are from the railroad guys as the train passes close to me when I select the railroad frequency. Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to correct this? Thanks!

wscranston

I'm not sure I fully understand how this feature works (or more accurately, if I set it up properly). I have a Uniden BCD325P2. When I select "Close Call Only", I see a screen (SCR REP) with numbers 1 through 7, but I never hear anything. It apparently isn't doing anything. I bought this scanner largely to hear what's happening in my close area, but instead I've been picking up conversations from all over the city, from the programmed channels (sheriff, EMS, dispatch, etc). The only close calls I hear are from the railroad guys as the train passes close to me when I select the railroad frequency. Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to correct this? Thanks!

The 1-7 numbers are the bands. You can enable/disable each of the bands. Close call is just that: unless the transmission is close, it won't pick it up.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
You may want to take a look at this, it may help
Also this

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
General rule of thumb and your results will vary depending on strong in-band signals, transmitter power/antenna and your antenna, but the "trigger" range is typically...

50' for portables
100' for mobiles
1000' for repeaters/base stations

It's called "Close Call" for a reason.;)

And yes, when I'm out in the country I can get CC hits on VHF repeaters at 400' from several miles away, but this is not the norm.

Shinobi1

General rule of thumb and your results will vary depending on strong in-band signals, transmitter power/antenna and your antenna, but the "trigger" range is typically...

50' for portables
100' for mobiles
1000' for repeaters/base stations

It's called "Close Call" for a reason.;)

And yes, when I'm out in the country I can get CC hits on VHF repeaters at 400' from several miles away, but this is not the norm.
Now that you mention it, I guess I never really considered how close "close call" really meant. I thought it might be within a mile or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.